🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm Rising Talent and my profile was set to p...
Page options
f059c7c1
Community Member

I'm Rising Talent and my profile was set to private

Hello! I'm new to the platform. I created my profile a month ago, and now my profile has been set to private due to the lack of earnings.

As per the details on this link, I'm supposed to get a 90 day grace period, being new and Rising Talent: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

"New freelancers have a 90 day grace period to build up a successful stream of work before the profile visibility restriction will begin. Remember, you can still submit proposals even if your profile is private."

What's the point of being a Rising Talent if the platform is not going to let clients see my profile? I have been actively submitting proposals but I haven't yet been able to earn a project. I would like my profile to be set back to Public. Can anyone assist me, please?

4 REPLIES 4
bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Jose Gabriel,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8584976c
Community Member

Hi,
I have just passed the readiness test and earned a rising talent badge. But my profile is set as private since I was new and couldn't earn. I kept on sending proposals but all in vain since my profile was set as private. Now I have done the readiness test but of no use. I think rising talents should be given the opportunity to rise while having a public profile. Otherwise, there is no use in being a rising talent if the profile is not public and the client cannot see it. 

• This is my request to the policymakers to please review this thing. The rising talent should be given the opportunity to work freely with a public profile.

When you send proposals, the clients can still see your profile. You just can't be found in search results, but it's not likely you would be hired by a client searching for freelancers in the search function. 

Thanks for the response. But there is another query. It's not just a matter of seeing by the client. I want to use my availability badge as well and that is not possible having a private profile. I can not even change it by using connects. So, I cannot do anything without having my profile public. I can not be invited by the client either. I am struggling since last year due to this problem. This is my humble request to look into this matter. 

Regards,

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths