Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Stuck ! Please Help Me Out.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
1 of 11

Greetings Friends,

Last Night, i opened my company at upwork and i am the only freelancer in that. I put all the information regarding website and all that and i submitted 2 proposals.

Now, i am relizing that when i am trying to bid on projects on the behalf of my account ( personal account ) it showing no one eles bid on this project 0 proposal. I am very stuck in all that becuase i am a plus member and i can't get the details of other freelancer bid. 

Moving ahead, i also try to close my company account some time ago, but is message me that you should close the open propsal on the behalf of this company. how should i close that ?

And is this affect my personal account ?

Please tell me as soon as possible. Big Thanks in Advance !

Regards

Dharmveer Singh

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
2 of 11

Client Activity on this Job

Proposals: 0

Interviewing: 0

Now this is showing when i try to submit proposal on the behalf of my account. Please guys i am worring! thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 11

Dharmveer, I am pretty sure you are trying to do something that 99% of us here in the Forum have never done.

I think you are using the Upwork interface incorrectly.

It may take some time for us to understand what you are talking about.

Let me take a guess. Tell me if I am right or wrong:

You created a company/agency on Upwork.

You are the only member of the company/agency.

You sent proposals to two job postings.

Your goal is to work on job projects for clients and earn money.

(is this accurate?)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
4 of 11

Dear Preston H,

Yes, you are right! I open an agency last night and i am the only freelancer in that. But now i want to close that agency and concertant on my freelancer account. 

I know that is not a common, but i just created a company becuase that's showing in my settings. Please help me out

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 11

I am a very hardworker freelancer ! and i don't want to do something with my account by some mistake. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 11

Okay... I think you already know that you need to bid on jobs as an individual contractor, because you don't want to run an agency.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 11

yes you are very right ! I am just want to close that agency becuase now when i am trying to bid on project it showing 

Last Viewed: 2 hours ago

Proposals: 0

Interviewing: 0

But when i cliked on job the propsals count was 10 and after 1 second it goes 0. Hope that you can understand my english. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
8 of 11

The reason why you can't close your agency at the moment is most likely because you have those active proposals. Withdraw them, then click on "close company" while logged into the agency part of your account.

Make sure you are logged into the ageny NOT your individual account as you don't want to wipe out the whole account, just the agency.

If it won't let you, make sure you have withdrawn all applications and ended any active candidacies under the agency, and raise a support ticket asking them to please close the agency on your behalf.

If you created yourself as an exclusive agency freelancer under the ageny you should be able to see the relevant details when logged into the agency side of things (rather than from your freelancer side of things,) but to see the bid range for jobs you applied for on behalf of your agency you would have to have bought Agency Plus membership - your individual Plus Plan does not let you see the bid range of agency bids.

I am at bit of a loss as to why you created an agencyin the first place ... Somehow just because the option was there doesn't quite explain it.

Just because a bridge "is there" doesn't necessarily mean you necessarily have to jump off it....

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 11

Thanks Arthur C. Clarke,

For your valuable reply. I sure withdraw those 2 bids and close the agency. I really don't know that why i open that. However, i have a question in my mind and that is, Owing to all this, is my freelancer profile will affected or can i open my agency in near future ?

Upwork should hide that create company link and if not then there should be have an informational link. I am worked very hard for running my profile and i spend a lot of nights to get my clients and i dont want to do anything with my profile.

thanks 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 11

Hi Dharmveer,

Relax. Closing your agency profile will have no effect on your freelancer profile, negtive or positive.

Yes you will be able tocreate an agency in the future.

There seem to be a couple of not so funny bugs about at the moment, so don't panic every time something doesn't look how you expect it to look, OK?

Regards,

Petra

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS