Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm VA and I can't get inerview on Upwork

Highlighted
Aleksandar R Member Since: Jul 18, 2016
1 of 12

Hello,

I registered to Upwork and I've sent 20 prosposals for job. I want to work as a VA. Can you please help me, i didn't get any interview. I always write unique proposal for every client. I'll provide you one. They just don't contact me, i don't know what i am doing wrong.

Hello, I would love the opportunity to discuss this position with you.

I read through your job post and can see you need a virtual assistant who is skilled with time management, planning activities, making travel arrangements and who has some previous experience doing similar jobs.

I have over two years of experience working as an administrative assistant for different employers. I was working as an office assistant for one corporation in Serbia. Mainy, I was in charge of handling calls, writing emails (mostly in English), scheduling appointments, booking flights and planning trips. After that I moved toward virtual assisting, I had three clients outside the UpWork.com that were very satisfied with my services.

A have experience calendaring across multiple time zones, most of the time I've used google calendar because it provides me with special option that enables me to use it it with different time zones. I've always communicated with my clients in very professional manner using nothing but the business English language and triple checking written emails.

One of the unique things that offered to my previous clients is a possibility to contact me 24/7 so I could do the work they want me to do at any time of day or night. This way you can build trust in business relationship and start to relay on me for any kind of work.

I am new to Upwork and I understand how much your review of my performance after the job is done will affect my career here, so you can be sure I’d go above and beyond to ensure you’re 100% satisfied. Also, I would like to suggest a free work for 5 days, so you could make sure that my services fit to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via messages or email.

Thank you for taking time to read my proposal. I look forward to a chance to work with you.

Best regards, Aleksandar Radosavljević

Please help me, i don't know what to do

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 12

How are you available 24/7? You don't sleep or eat or anything?

Highlighted
Ramiro P Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
3 of 12

Funny you ask that, In my previous job, which involved a lot of people travelling, every local office had a logistics person, in charge of flight and accomodation reservations and transport from-to hotel/airport/office/site, the person had to be available 24/7 in case of problems appearing. 

So yep, there are some jobs where being available 24/7 is required. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 12

@Ramiro P wrote:

Funny you ask that, In my previous job, which involved a lot of people travelling, every local office had a logistics person, in charge of flight and accomodation reservations and transport from-to hotel/airport/office/site, the person had to be available 24/7 in case of problems appearing. 

So yep, there are some jobs where being available 24/7 is required. 

Not one person though. Nobody is available 24/7.  

Highlighted
Ramiro P Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
5 of 12

You have to be patient man, your cover letter since pretty good to me, I've spent 2 months without any interview until last week when I got my first translation project. It wasnt so good regarding payment but I did it for the reviews and hoping this will improve my success rate.

Good Luck and don't lose your hope!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
6 of 12

Aleksandar, the only things I can tell you are that the VA category has many, many freelancers available. You are always going to have a lot of competition. Often, clients hiring for VA positions receive tons of proposals. Perhaps try submitting proposals to jobs that are recently listed so that they are newer? It's a strategy that has worked for other people.

Also, your cover letter is good, but very lengthy. That may be a turn off to some clients who see how long it is and don't ever get to the end. Especially if they have 50 or more proposals to get through. Personalize your cover letter for each job, don't send the same one for every proposal. Customize it to the particulars of the job posting. Clients like to know what you can offer to THEM rather than what you can offer to everyone. Sometimes the job posting is a bit vague and you can't offer much in the way of specifics, but whenever possible it's best to be particular to the job posting itself. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 12

When clients see a proposal, only the first two lines of your cover letter are immediately visible.  Craft your proposal accordingly.  Also, I agree that your cover letter is way too long.  I keep mine to three terse paragraphs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 12

Also, I would like to suggest a free work for 5 days, so you could make sure that my services fit to you.

Don't offer free work, it does not even look good...sounds like you're desperate..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
9 of 12

@Natasha R wrote:

Also, I would like to suggest a free work for 5 days, so you could make sure that my services fit to you.

Don't offer free work, it does not even look good...sounds like you're desperate..

YES! What Natasha said! I didn't even see that part... I guess it really was too long. :-) Never offer free work. You're here to make money. Giving it away for free doesn't net you more money in the end.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
10 of 12

I believe offering free work so openly violates the ToS, and his profile can get suspended as well.

Remove that sentence immediately.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS