🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm a Top Rated in Upwork but No One is Hirin...
Page options
iammuffie
Community Member

I'm a Top Rated in Upwork but No One is Hiring me

Hi Good Day Everyone! 

I just want to know why is it so hard to get a job now?

I just earned my Top Rated badge but it feels like it's getting harder to land a job.

Hoping someone can give me advice on how to properly land a job.

Thank you!

Regards,

April

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi April,

I  understand how you feel. It may be discouraging when you're getting fewer responses to your proposals now. A lot of factors come into play such as the demand for the field you're in. With more and more freelancers signing up, the competition gets tougher. But I suggest that you check your profile and update your skills, tweak your title, make use of Project Catalog, and of course, apply for jobs. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chance of getting a reply from a client.

I would also recommend personalizing your proposal to let the clients know that you've read their job posts. Check out this article for helpful tips.

Here's an additional tip: try to filter your search by the number of proposals the job posting has received. You may want to skip applying to those that have more than 50+ proposals already as yours can get lost there. And make sure to apply for jobs that match your skill set and previous experience.

There's really no telling how the client selects their freelancer but focus on what you can control- your cover letter, your profile, your skills. Additionally, you can reach out here in the Community and look for blog posts from successful freelancers to help you get back on your feet.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members