🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I'm ******, a lot.
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

I'm ******, a lot.

It's just a tantrum, well, no, it's a big anger (I can't put the exact word)
Why delete comments from a thread when attention is drawn to profiles? I know this is not new, but it does not stop making me angry (again, it is not the word I would use)

In a recent thread, a person has made it clear that she has passed the TOS through her *****, and has even recognized me that the photo used is false!

Petra has answered, and so have I, but by magic, the last comments have disappeared, when we were only answering the "direct" questions that person has asked us.

Upwork, many of the violators you find are indicated here in the forums. Even with evidence of the deception.

Why do you make comments disappear?
Why do you close the thread and I can't leave the opinion about that action?
The thread is closed. The problem is resolved, isn't it?

Please STOP doing this!

8 REPLIES 8
lysis10
Community Member

This thread will probably go poof too but not before Maria gets an email with my response VIVA LA KILL FAKE PROFILES 😄 😄 😄 😄

But have you noticed that they know enough to flood the forum on the weekends? lol

Smiley EmbarassedSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Gracias, Pink Lady!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Please note that, in line with Community Guidelines, we won't discuss deleted posts but I'll reiterate that accusations of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing, as well as discussing user's profile details without consent is not allowed in the Community. Feel free to flag these instances privately to us moderators or by using the Flag as Inappropriate link and we'll make sure to take appropriate action. We appreciate your reports and have taken appropriate steps in that specific case.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Maria,

Please note that, in line with Community Guidelines, we won't discuss deleted posts but I'll reiterate that accusations of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing, as well as discussing user's profile details without consent is not allowed in the Community. Feel free to flag these instances privately to us moderators or by using the Flag as Inappropriate link and we'll make sure to take appropriate action. We appreciate your reports and have taken appropriate steps in that specific case.

Vlad,
Thanks for the reply, but other times we have done the same and no comments have been deleted.
Do we have to comment with "metaphors" so that comments are not deleted?

And second, we had the consent of the supposed freelancer, since he has directly asked who we were in the thread and answered directly to a question (and it was about his profile picture), confirming that it was false and what problems he would have for that.
So...

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Maria,

Please note that, in line with Community Guidelines, we won't discuss deleted posts but I'll reiterate that accusations of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing, as well as discussing user's profile details without consent is not allowed in the Community. 

How is responding directly to a question asked by a community member discussing their profile details "without consent"?

I was very surprised when Maria's posts were deleted, since she didn't say anything wrong. This freelancer came into the forum and willingly discussed her situation and publicly asked for advice. My belief is that the real reason that the comments were deleted was because they were embarrassing for Upwork.

Christine A wrote:

I was very surprised when Maria's posts were deleted, since she didn't say anything wrong. This freelancer came into the forum and willingly discussed her situation and publicly asked for advice. My belief is that the real reason that the comments were deleted was because they were embarrassing for Upwork.

I agree with you, and it's not the first time it happens.

What exasperates me most, apart from the obvious, is that other times we have done the same, with the addition of some laughs, and this has not happened.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'm sorry but we'll need to close this conversation for further responses, since, in spite of our Guidelines, I already touched upon the subject of removed posts and we can't continue the conversation further.

Thanks again for your participation and please note that we won't be able to facilitate new conversations on the subject of removed posts and similar actions in the Community on the part of our team. Thanks for your understanding and have a lovely day/night/morning!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths