cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being threated by oDesk

Awais M Member Since: Jan 11, 2011
11 of 13

It is the only meaning client have power of operating system. we are nothing. Is it not engough we have low score on our profile? with some bad comments.

I suggest to oDesk if the freelance will not reply with in 3 days then he will going in blacklist. because, he is disturbing the system. We need hardworker there. It is not good for freelance community aaa... client have any kind of depration so, client send a disput to oDesk not between freelance and client. 

If the client will not contact with freelance from last 6 to 10 months so, its mean freelancer is blacklisted? In my profile is some story like I am shearing with you.

I suggest to oDesk it is good platform for jobless peoples. If there is no honesty just make money it will not effective long-term for everybody. 

Kindly solve this problem with some effective long-term solution. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 13

Hi Awais,

Please, note that a couple of cases of refunding or ending a contract without delivering a product will not affect the freelancer's account. We understand that miscommunication happens ocasionally. However, when such behavior repeats multiple times, oDesk Team has to take certain actions in order to maintain an appropriate level of professionalism on the platform.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
13 of 13

Hi Hovakim,

I'm glad you liked some of my suggestions. I'm not sure about the 10 minute job but since it's the holidays, maybe the client is just too busy.

Btw, I noticed you did not leave feedback as well, so maybe that's why. If you want to see what someone left as feedback, you should also leave them one or wait 14 days for whatever they left to show.

Also, as much as possible, don't close the contract yourself. Wait for the client because they may still need you or have not reviewed your work yet. If you close the contract, the client may find it hard to find a way to leave you feedback (it's the not-so-nice client interface) so just wait about 1-2 weeks then politely remind the client since its the holidays and people are extremely busy these days. 

Oh and if the job is fixed price with milestones, the end contract button is nearly non-existent so speaking as a client, your client may simply not see the end contract button. Usuallly when I release a milestone, what I get is the set another milestone button (not the end contract and leave feedback button in the old setting). I do hope oDesk fixes that because that can lead to more people getting no feedback.

Whatever you do, don't refund unless the client asks for it because that can trigger a suspension. 

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS