🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm confused about my this account.
Page options
ba8f8a70
Community Member

I'm confused about my this account.

I made this account in 2020 & didn't used it properly even though i have send mora than 20 purposals. but now i'm very serious about Upwork, so i need suggestion that should i need to continue with this account or to create a new account.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi, you are not allowed to create a new account, so you have to use the one you already have.

Multiple Account Types – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi, you are not allowed to create a new account, so you have to use the one you already have.

Multiple Account Types – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

What if i delete this account.. and then i try to create a new one & also please tell me that, what's the impact of my recent activity at my account.

Like Robert mentionned, you can only have one account in your lifetime. The first one you created is your lifetime account. If you delete it, you won't be able to create a new one. You will need to reopen the original one.

You can try it, you might not get caught and suspended. But I definitely recommend to change your name, address, country and email before you do. 

Hi Zakria,

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ba8f8a70
Community Member

to be honest, i'm trying hard & hard to get my first order, i'm sending daily between 5-10 purposals from last week, i'm professional but ofcourse new at upwork, but i'm not getting any kind of response, even though my accoun got private by upwork because of no-activity in past. So what should i do now -- close this one & create new OR keep trying with this one, Thanks

Zakria A wrote:

So what should i do now -- close this one & create new OR keep trying with this one, Thanks

You are not allowed to create a new one regardless of the challenges you are experiencing. You have to keep going with the account you have.

Keep trying with this one. You cant have a new Upwork account ever. Those are the rules.

A private account does not mean your proposals are not seen or that client's can't see your profile when you apply for a job.

It means you will not show up in search results.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

Thank you, i going to consider this as my final decision 🙂

Your welcome. My account was also private once. I also had a hard time getting my first client on Upwork, but eventually it happened.

Most likely, you will need need to contact support. Your account may have been set to private due to inactivity.  Create a support ticket and ask someone to help you with this. 

yeah i was thinking to do so, Thanks

roberty1y
Community Member

You can only have one account in your lifetime. Upwork would only let you create a new one if you deleted your old one by mistake, or in some such exceptional circumstances.

And if i delete my this account.. and then i try to create a new one & also please tell me that, what's the impact of my recent activity at my account.

If you deliberately delete the account you have, Upwork will probably not let you start a new one. You need to keep it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members