🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm facing a problem regarding earnings.
Page options
chazam856
Community Member

I'm facing a problem regarding earnings.

Hello there,

I'm facing a problem regarding earnings on my profile. Can anybody help and listen to my issue.?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad A wrote:

And instead of increasing it is decreasing from time to time.

No. They are no decreasing. They are NOT your LIFETIME earnings

Those are the earnings during THE LAST 365 DAYS!

As has been explained to you in great detail by several people. 

You know what "a year" is, right? It's "12 months" - So your "12-month earnings" are the earnings you have earned during the last 365 days ONLY. So that obviously goes up and down.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

I'm facing a problem regarding earnings on my profile. Can anybody help and listen to my issue.?

We can if you explain your issue.

It's not about your 12 months earnings again, is it? Because that was patiently explained to you in detail  by several people last week.....

Hello Petra,

Yes, But I couldn't get the right answer from anyone from you. My earnings are decreasing day by day by an average of 10-15$ per day(s) in the stats data.

What should I do now?

What's wrong with my stats? Even I'm earning from two clients, One from Hourly and One from Fixed job. And instead of increasing it is decreasing from time to time.

My first earnings were showing in

1927.70$

After some days it was 1887.57$,

then it was 1873.07$ 

and Now it is 1863.07$

What is this can you explain this to me?

Go back and read Petra's previous explanation. Let's pretend that my earnings were $100 on 15 November 2019. Yesterday, if I earned another $25, my 12-month earnings would have shown as $125. But today - 16 November - it would have gone down to $25, because the $100 that I had earned a year ago is no longer in the 12-month calculation window.

Your lifetime earnings are continuing to increase (currently showing at 2K+)? So there is no bug in your stats. 

Okay thanks

Muhammad A wrote:

And instead of increasing it is decreasing from time to time.

No. They are no decreasing. They are NOT your LIFETIME earnings

Those are the earnings during THE LAST 365 DAYS!

As has been explained to you in great detail by several people. 

You know what "a year" is, right? It's "12 months" - So your "12-month earnings" are the earnings you have earned during the last 365 days ONLY. So that obviously goes up and down.

NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please share more information about your concern so that we can assist you further?

~ Nikola
Upwork
itkysd
Community Member

Hi all.

I have a bit of suspicion on a client's activity.
I am currently having a project with the client, I have worked with him yesterday having another contract and then he made a new contract.
But I have received a notification saying that the last contract was suspended for a while, but then after I also received another notification that the client has ended the contract.
And he is contacting me on another chatroom.
Does it mean that the client solved the issue on the contract and safely completed it?
I have experienced once that a client(not the same client)  didn't pay after a suspention of a contract with them. So I would like to make sure before I work too much with them that this activity is safe.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you very much.
Itsuki

Hi Itsuki,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks there are no problems with the contracts you are referring to. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share specific information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

These funds will be available to you according to the weekly billing cycle. As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts* begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later.

When working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below:

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
itkysd
Community Member

Hi Nikola,
thank you very much for your confirmation, I am relieved.

I will see if the payment will be processed safely next week.
Thank you very much.
Itsuki

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths