🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I'm just afraid, there is nothing in the ...
Page options
rafiq_jsr
Community Member

I'm just afraid, there is nothing in the past 90 days!

That's really tough to believe and I can't -
- I’m Top Rated with 100% JSS! Man Mad
- applied 129 jobs in the past 90 days! Man Mad
- got only one invitations to apply in the past 90 days! :Man Mad
- upwork applicant's selection or screening process work properly in the past 90 days! Man Sad
- my application reached the client's inbox in the past 90 days!! Man Sad
- my profile shows in client's search results in the past 90 days!! Man Sad

a) OK I realized it that everything is fine & works well! So, anybody there can answer what is the reasons-
- didn't get invitations in the past 90 days, except the one? Smiley Mad
- didn't get any reply from my bids in the past 90 days, where I have spent over 600 connects? Smiley Mad

b) It’s OK, I realized that my cover letter and profile looks not good! So, anybody there can answer how it is possible -
- My profile is TOP RATED??? Smiley Surprised
- My JSS is 100%??? Smiley Surprised

I'm just afraid with! Smiley Frustrated

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
a_lipsey
Community Member

Your profile isn't top-rated; YOU are. 

Your profile needs work. I could put 100 or maybe 1000 other freelancers' names in place of your name in your own profile, and it would still be legitimately true. If what your profile says about you can be said about every other freelancer in your field, then it's not unique enough. Make your profile unique to you - your specific accomplishments, specific high-profile jobs you may have completed or even just complex jobs you did that you're proud of, any big companies or well-known people you've worked for - establish your track record and credibility. Yes, mention your specific skills and expertise,  but make sure you frame it so that it's unique to you and not mentioning the same software and skills that every other person in your field also uses. 

Then think the same way with your proposals. How are they different from what anyone else is saying they can do for the client?

I have completed almost 109 projects and there are more than 100 projects that I completed successfully, even with 5starts and excellent recommendations!

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Md. Rafiqul I wrote:

- My profile is TOP RATED??? Smiley Surprised
- My JSS is 100%??? Smiley Surprised

I think that everybody needs to get over the idea that being "TOP RATED!!!" means very much these days. All you have to do is complete a few jobs without screwing up too badly, and you'll get the badge. If you're bidding on projects that have decent budgets and require actual skills and experience, I bet that 70-80% of the other freelancers are also top-rated. I would advise being extremely selective and only bidding on projects where you have something unique to offer, and really ace your proposals in order to stand out.

No, you don't get the TOP RATED badge for good work, five stars, glowing reviews and decent earnings in you category, Christine. That is a misconception, unfortunately. You only get it if your profile is "100% complete", i.e. if it includes your work history and qualifications in addition to all that.

If like me you prefer not to put all your personal information online, you never get to come out of the shadows. 

Alexandra H wrote:

No, you don't get the TOP RATED badge for good work, five stars, glowing reviews and decent earnings in you category, Christine. That is a misconception, unfortunately. You only get it if your profile is "100% complete", i.e. if it includes your work history and qualifications in addition to all that.

If like me you prefer not to put all your personal information online, you never get to come out of the shadows. 

No, having a completed profile is how you qualify for being Top Rated.  But you can't earn Top Rated unless you are above 90% for 13 out of 16 weeks.    It is not a particularly special distinction is Christine's point.

As for your concerns about putting your personal information online, that is indeed the tradeoff for finding work on Upwork.  Nobody is going to hire you without some kind of history of success with the tasks you perform for anything of substance.  If your desire for privacy is more important than putting it out there than you are right you will never be qualified for Top Rated.

Thank you very much for your correct complements.

I have more organized portfolio and the profile visibility has set to publicly with no privacy.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members