🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm losing projects due to job success percen...
Page options
aqibbukhari
Community Member

I'm losing projects due to job success percentage which is 52%.

Hi, I'm losing clients due to job success percentage which is 52%. Can you hide my job success from my profile. I've reviews and video testimonials too but most of clients said your job success is too low so Sorry we cannot give this project to you. I'm very tired of this I need help plz.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aqib,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Just to confirm, JSS can't be hidden.
Your JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows and it's updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm losing projects due to job success percentage which is 52%."

That is correct. That is Upwork's intention.

re: "Can you hide my job success from my profile."

Upwork will not do that. Upwork wants clients to see your job success score.

You should understand that you are not one of Upwork's customers. You are a freelancer. Freelancers are partners with Upwork in earning money from Upwork's customers: paying clients.

One of the main services that Upwork provides to clients is showing them the JSS of freelancers.

Upwork wants freelancers with low JSS to either stop using the platform, or work hard to get new work opportunities, and do right by those new clients in order to earn better scores.

I loses 5 oppertunities due to this job success. What should I do now ?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aqib,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Just to confirm, JSS can't be hidden.
Your JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows and it's updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
moonraker
Community Member

Aqib B wrote:

Hi, I'm losing clients due to job success percentage which is 52%. Can you hide my job success from my profile. I've reviews and video testimonials too but most of clients said your job success is too low so Sorry we cannot give this project to you. I'm very tired of this I need help plz.

Lolz, no. 

You want Upwork to hide a metric that helps potential clients to determine how suitable a freelancer is? Why on earth would they do that?

And the rest of us have to maintain our JSS ourselves by delivering to high standards. Why should you get special treatment?

Jamie, I don't know why you are laughing anyway and I donot consider your answer in proffessional way. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members