cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new here..

Maria Yuki A Member Since: Mar 21, 2014
1 of 7
Good eve, I'm new here I just registered last night. I'm actually nervous and anxious right now because I've been applying to various jobs already but I still haven't recieved any invitation to interviews. I don't know if its because I lack experience since I'm still a student or its because my profile is just plain boring. Please help me I'm feeling very incompetent right now..
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 7
1) Tests. You should hide bad scores. That 'below average' one isn't doing you any good. You can retake tests a month afterwards, so hide it until you can get a better score might be an idea 2) Portfolio. The one example you do have as unfortunately been cropped by oDesk so that it's all blurry unless you look at the expanded view. You also should probably explain more about what you did to the photo as 'photo editing' doesn't tell people much. Some more examples in here would be better, even if you have to create 2 or 3 specifically for your portfolio. A lot of people didn't land their first job for a month or two. Don't expect instant results. Apply and keep applying. Good luck.
Maria Yuki A Member Since: Mar 21, 2014
3 of 7
Thank you very much, I already hid my test and I'll be editing some more photos to add at my portfolio. I will keep on applying till I get a job. Thank you again for helping Smiley Happy
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 7
Welcome and good luck. You have a typo in your overview by the way: "anttended" (1st line)
Abraham E Member Since: Jun 18, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Maria, 

wishing you all luck. i just wanted to know how do you hide the test resutls ?

Thanks a million Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
6 of 7

Abraham,

One of the options is to go into the “edit profile” view and scroll down to the tests section. You can select “yes” or “no” and decide which tests you want people to see on your profile. When you are done just choose “done editing”

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
7 of 7
Hi Maria, Welcome! I would say: Fill your profile with as much detail about you as possible so that clients can make a more informed decision. Without a lot of information, they might think that it's risky to hire you. Remember that your profile acts as your resumé/ CV, that's all clients have to work with. Elaborate a little more in the employment history section. What exactly were the duties you carried out in your previous jobs? Complete a few more tests relating to your field of expertise and as mentioned, hide the low scores and also re-take the tests until you get a higher score. Keep refreshing your portfolio with samples of your work as you go along. It gets better with time. You only just signed up. It takes patience and perseverance. Just keep continually sending applications and improving your profile and clients will start to become attracted to your profile. If you don't stick with it then you won't build a name for yourself and won't receive feedback. Also, clients do pay close attention to the feedback you receive, it tells them a lot about you. Some clients do not even feel the need to interview me because they trust the information and feedback on my profile. In my first week, I think I sent about 25 applications and just stuck with it. I used to exhaust my weekly application quota a lot, but eventually clients began to approach me first and I was able to kick back a little. I've now been here for 2 years. Some people find that oDesk has changed their lives. In a years time,that could also be your testimony. I wish you the best. Gillian
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS