🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm new to Upwork and got two suspicious clie...
Page options
5df5085a
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and got two suspicious clients instantly

So here's my dilemma, Im a newbie here at Upwork community. It's been month before I got my first two client and turns out to be both scams. The two client asked me to contacted someone on telegram, to make it short at the end of conversation she asked me for my Upwork account and password saying that it was the company policy (MTM) 🤔 and the other one state on the company terms and conditions (INGENTA) that I have to deposit a security fee 😅🙄 to start working. I both asked them why not sending me the contract at the Upwork account I have and they both insisted that " WE WORK OVER HERE OKAY".

I have to declined even I'm so eager to have my first profit 😭.

I don't know what to do anymore since its my first time.

2 REPLIES 2
artist78
Community Member

Don't be disheartened. Jobs are getting tough to land in general. But don't be blinded by landing that first job and potential pay. Stay away from scams or anything that even remotely feels wrong. NEVER give login infos, personal IDs or pay on behalf of clients for something. Ask in the forum here if you are doubtful. Number of scam clients is going up and they are always on the lookout for newbies as they know they are more eager and vulnerable to overlook fishy details. Keep vigilant and best of luck! Quality profile and quality direct addressal of client needs in your proposals are key!

PradeepH

Hi Jonabel,

I checked the job posts you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members