cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm no Einstein but is this new...

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
11 of 23

I meant no discrimination towards Elance people! I deserve the best answer award! I put a lot of thought into that answer!

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
12 of 23

You do Amy, no doubt about that, but now you have a bit of competition.. the award has just taken on some more life! I might have to organize a real life event for this..could rival the oscars!!!! wow, i'd better get working on this!!! Smiley Wink 

Community Guru
13 of 23

If you're throwing your hat in the ring, I will put you into consideration Rahul. Smiley Wink 

Unfortunately, Valeria cannot be considered as a presenter because she is part of the establishment. It's in the rules, I can't change that. Woman Wink

As for Upwork possibly providing this option for clients... I'm against that because how will we know what other freelancers experienced with them? If there is any good that can come of this possible feature, I'd love to know but as it stands, it's a no for me. 

Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
14 of 23

Well, while you guys were sitting at your oDesks, oblivious to the beauty of the sadly soon to be scrapped sister site, we on E were lancing the bubble of untapped venture capital!  Smiley Tongue Whatever strange practices this may seem to infer to you, the 'privatisation' of feedback was not one of them. (At least I don't think so.) Smiley Wink

Spoiler

Another site has a policy of letting you pay to have feedback removed, but I think that feedback needs to be seen to be worth having at all.

Ace Contributor
Rahul G Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
15 of 23

Yeah, Valeria is a part of the establishment, she can approve that making feedback private is just a feature for clients (not only for 'Elance'-clients). After this approval I will get the best answer award. (Sorry Amy, nothing personal Smiley Tongue )

And if that person can't be Valeria, then that should be Preston. I always liked his opinion also.

Community Guru
16 of 23

OUCH. 

you're really pulling out all the stops Rahul... this is getting tough. I just hope no one else becomes a contestant or I might have to hire someone to help sort this all out!!! 

Preston is wonderful but he's MUCH too popular around here with (as I see on the side at this time) 9 top solutions. I think it's better to give the lesser known freelancers an opportunity to shine don't you?

Ace Contributor
17 of 23

Thank you Alexandra,

Here I found a win, Elance-clients are not so privileged (at least not for having feedbacks-private). 

So, let me submit one more answer (which can win award Smiley Very Happy )

It is happening because either upwork is providing a feature to hide feedbacks or there is one more issue for upwork team. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
18 of 23

Rahul, 

Looks like we have another contender in Alexandra... she sure does say some perrrrty words.... Smiley Wink 

Ace Contributor
19 of 23

I got it. Smiley Tongue

Although I told that it's a feature or a bug, but I think the award will be given to all other than Rahul. Smiley Sad

Anyways, thank you Darrin.

And I knew Valeria can be most deserving candidate for best answer award.

Valeria, I didn't see any private feedback, but yes, it happened that I gave feedback, but it shows no feedback given and now it's an old case. I don't want to share the link of that, because 

1) I don't want any disturbance for my client, she is a busy client.

2) I think there are some more other issues, which should get priorities; please don't mind it.

If anyone else want to get it solved, then please share your view, I am not against it.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
20 of 23

@Rahul G wrote:

It is happening because either upwork is providing a feature to hide feedbacks or there is one more issue for upwork team. Smiley Happy

That's really the best answer:

Sometimes Upwork is operating as designed.

Sometimes Upwork is broken.

Sometimes it is impossible to distinguish between the two.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS