🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm not receiving requirements from client
Page options
alisa-podgaynaya
Community Member

I'm not receiving requirements from client

Hey everybody.

I found myself in a tricky situation, and I'm not sure how to go about it.

So I bid on a job for logo design. Without any questions or negotiations, the client sent me an offer for an hourly contract. Of course, I accepted it and sent him my questions about his project, which I need to be answered to understand what kind of logo he needs, etc. (initially, all the info I got is the job description which basically is "I'm starting a business and need an awesome logo").

It was on the weekend, plus it was Easter, so I was just going to wait, but then Monday, no response, today, no response, he's offline (although info under his job post says he viewed it 15 hours ago).

Basically, there's no problem, dispute, or anything except that I didn't get any requirements and can't start working, have no idea what he expects (maybe he thinks I already made the logo?), and don't know what to do about it.

I messaged his asking if everything was ok and encouraging him to answer my questions, so I can start creating his logo, but he's simply offline, and I have no idea what to expect.

Does anyone have any advice? How can I encourage him to reply, or should I just wait?

I'm basically sitting here not knowing what's going on and what will happen with the contract and my JSS if no reply goes through and no time is logged, which gives me anxiety.

Thanks for your advice!

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

In future, ask your questions, wait for the answers, and THEN accept the contract.

Alisa P wrote:

Does anyone have any advice? How can I encourage him to reply, or should I just wait?

Just wait. No more messges. The client knows where you are.

Alisa P wrote:

I'm basically sitting here not knowing what's going on and what will happen with the contract and my JSS if no reply goes through and no time is logged, which gives me anxiety.

Nothing will happen. If the client still doesn't respond 2 or more weeks down the line, just close the contract. Concentrate on your other clients and contracts.

thanks, Petra!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members