🐈 Community
jekket

I'm not secured from the payment reversal?

So recently I've got an email saying "**Edited for Community Guidelines**."

I've lost a 1000$.

And here is a question - how this could ever happen? The client had a "payment method verified" badge, the money was in escrow for a 5 days, I had "fixed payment protection" badge but nothing of it worked.

I contacted my client and she told me she had a problem with her bank and the payment has been reversed for security reasons. I truly believe I will get my money back soon and I just don't want to think what happens if I will not. 

I don't have to do the background research for every client I'm working with, especially when the upwork gives me practically NO INFORMATION about the client. 

So, let's sum everything up: I have no information about the client, I AM NOT protected from the fraudulent actions, money I've earned ARE NOT secured, the upwork support team is NOT giving me any options for solving the problem.

The only option they gave me is "please contact the client". Why do I have to worry about client's payment ability? Isn't that an upwork team responsibility? 

Am I paying the upwork fee for nothing? Is it not an "insurance" payment? 

So many questions and so few answers. 

I'm really aprreciate the ability to work on this platform, but I'm so frustrated.

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yevhen,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. I can see that you have a ticket with our team for this, feel free to post your questions there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Learning Paths