🐈 Community
m_njari

I'm not trying to hack!

"Holy guacamole!

You are not authorized to manage payment methods of financial account *** (self editing). Please contact finance manager or the owner".

Can someone inform one of my long-term clients that I'm not trying to hack into his account!

For the 3rd day running, I can't access my Upwork account. But I've been able to see that orange dot that says you've got notification. But the page belongs to my client! Yet the message relates to me!

On clicking on that orange, I get the above message/warning. Is it not possible my client also received a message saying that someone is trying to log onto his account?

By the way, is anyone else experiencing this or I'm I alone in this horrid experience?

10 REPLIES 10
tgano

Everyone has been experiencing that "bug" of being logged in as a client.

It was happening to me for 3 days, but today my page finally strarted working, so I guess the bug is still there, just not for everyone.

Thanks Tracye!

Just looked like it's business as usual for most others. And being flagged as trying to hack is something I'd not like.

petra_r

MERCY N wrote: Is it not possible my client also received a message saying that someone is trying to log onto his account?

No, your client will categorically not get such a message.
have you tried accessing your messages through the mobile app or the message part of the tracker? That may work? http://prntscr.com/8ewfcg

"... No, your client will categorically not get such a message.

have you tried accessing your messages through the mobile app or the message part of the tracker? That may work?..."
Thanks Petra for your response. I'm glad to learn the client won't receive a false red flag.
As for alternative communication, my automated e-mails have been a godsend. Still, there's plenty I'd like to do that I'm not able to. I'll try out your link too, thanks.
melissawrites

That sounds scary! I haven't had that experience, but I AM logged in (kind-of?) as a client. I was able to make a withdrawal of my own funds today while the site was up.

You should definitely fill out a support ticket ASAP.

I had several other issues that I haven't seen come up here by others that I  put support tickets in for.

I feel like it's 1998 on here. It's like we're in beta mode. But between elance & upwork, the company is something like 15 years old I think

"... That sounds scary! I haven't had that experience, but I AM logged in (kind-of?) as a client. I was able to make a withdrawal of my own funds today while the site was up.

You should definitely fill out a support ticket ASAP...."

Thanks Melissa. I've actually raised a ticket a moment ago. And you are da*n right, the experience is scary!

But you are reinstating my confidence to see your 'daredevil' attitudeSmiley Happy - withdrawing funds with all these hitches! I was getting afraid the money paths may be adversely affected too.

to be honest I had this secret fear the monies would disappear, so I made took the chance to withdraw them as soon as I saw them appear, lol

it was a relatively small sum of money, I wouldn't have risked it otherwise 🙂

Mercy,

Yours is the second report I've seen of this happening. I'm not sure if you altered the number you saw—you might consider editing it to [redacted] or something like.

Best,
Michael

Thanks Douglas! I've taken your advice and edited that a/c number.

It seems as though messages are buggy again. I've been trying to message a client of mine and I keep getting an error message show up. I've already sent a ticket in regarding this. Heh, I guess at least when this error happens, its a good thing that it's not also deleting what I've got wrote.

Learning Paths