🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I’m really frustrated with upwork
Page options
02c407f6
Community Member

I’m really frustrated with upwork

I am really very frustrated to work on the Upwork platform or any freelance platforms. I have a great personal page and I have a passion to work with the utmost effort, but so far I have not found a real job. I am prey to the page owners who send me the work link such as writing for example and I have to pay for the ID Or deposit before starting work and sometimes even completing my work in the best case and suddenly they tell me that I must pay first so that we can pay you
Is this fair and what do I do to get rid of this nightmare and start my freelance work as a person who needs to work and I have the skills and professionalism for this justice

1 REPLY 1
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Yousef, you should never do any work without an Upwork contract in place. If a client asks you to work without a contract in place, then you should report them. Those who ask you to pay a fee to get paid are scammers, and you won't be wasting time on them if you required a contract on Upwork before doing any work, whether it's a sample or test or the full job. If you always have a contract before doing any work, then you most likely will always be paid. 

As far as your profile goes, it could be better. I suggest you check out some of the videos and courses in Upwork Academy to learn how to optimize your profile. You can also ask for profile feedback in the New to Upwork subforum. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members