🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm so tired of sending proposals
Page options
98804d96
Community Member

I'm so tired of sending proposals

Hi,

I've been on Upwork for two months and have sent hundreds of job proposals. Yet not land my first job. I have read and watched blogs, articles, and youtube videos on how to make a winning proposal. I have followed the instruction and optimized my proposal according to every job post. I never use any templates. Now it becomes very frustrating to me. Can someone help me or suggest to me how could I achieve what I want in Upwork. 😭

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dlhussain
Community Member

Hello Ashiqur,

Your profile overview only talks about yourself not how you can help clients with their problems. Probably, your proposals also do the same (only talk about yourself). Your portfolio looks good, you just need to change your approach and learn how Upwork works.

Best,
Delwar

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
dlhussain
Community Member

Hello Ashiqur,

Your profile overview only talks about yourself not how you can help clients with their problems. Probably, your proposals also do the same (only talk about yourself). Your portfolio looks good, you just need to change your approach and learn how Upwork works.

Best,
Delwar

As someone hiring 40+ people. This is such good advice (in 3 sentences) I wanted to leave 2 upvotes!

Will modify again based on your feedback for sure. I send proposals based on job requirements. And this is where conflicts the interest may be. But definitely, I'll rewrite my bio. Thank you!!

Can you kindly take a look at my profile as well. Any insights would be appreciated 

15fa0d07
Community Member

Ashiqur, I got my job after 8 months of day and night continous struggle. Try to send proposals on those jobs which have less bids. Chances of getting hired will increase and don't give up. Keep on trying. People are making millions from this platform with the same skill set as our so why can't we. The process just takes some time. 

And I become hopeless!!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I have read and watched blogs, articles, and youtube videos on how to make a winning proposal.

Definitely a good idea to prepare yourself, but I recommend to use only upwork resources to start with. You only have done one of the six Academy courses, you could do the other 5 to learn more.

bilal1983
Community Member

Success on Upwork depends on a person's skills, how well (s)he understands UW and uses the most optimum techniques in applying for jobs, AND a bit of luck as well.

Some people lack in skills, some do not apply the techniques which work, and some are not as lucky as others and eventually lose hope and give up (or get "tired").

If you're tired... take a break, refresh yourself, do some more research, switch things up a little, and then jump back in with full conviction. Do everything which is in your control and then leave the rest to luck.

Best of luck !

lysis10
Community Member

Me too. Sending proposals sucks. Lets just do hookah and drink and play video games tonight instead.

Girl, you probably send one per month....

Martina P wrote:

Girl, you probably send one per month....

But it's painful!

d173df1a
Community Member

Create a strong profile that showcases your skills, experience, and portfolio. Use keywords that match the services you offer and the jobs you want to apply for.

07cde080
Community Member

Make sure your Upwork profile is complete, professional, and showcases your skills and experience. Use a clear and friendly profile picture, write a compelling overview that highlights your strengths, and list relevant skills.

almostanangel
Community Member

Same here... Sadly. I am full of energy and hope, but nothing happens at all. Everything I earn - I spend it on buying new connects, and so it goes on in a circle. 

Can some expert, please, take a look at my profile, please, and give me some suggestions?

8cb27317
Community Member

Thanks for some useful tips. I will keep them in my mind.

While my college work I hunt on this https://advancedmixology.com/blogs/art-of-mixology/pros-and-cons-of-bartending-in-college site. they candidly address the challenges such as time management and potential impact on academics. They provide valuable guidance for college students considering this path.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members