🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm wondering wether joining freelancer plus ...
Page options
r_satta
Community Member

I'm wondering wether joining freelancer plus or keep using basic membership

Hello, as the title said I'm a basic member right now and I'm wondering wether joining the freelancer plus membership or not.

What I wanted to know was what View competitor bids for any job meant. How do I actually see these bids? Is there an in-depth description about every bids on the job or is there only something like "average bid for the job"?
And is it 14.99$ plus VAT? Because 70 connects costs 0.15 + 22% for me, still lower than the freelancer plus program without VAT. If View competitor bids for any job means only that you can see the average of their bids, it's really not worth it for me.

13 REPLIES 13
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Being able to view competitor bids for any job means that you will have a better picture/idea of what other freelancers in your field are bidding on the job posting. Kindly, follow up on our Help Article to learn more about Freelancer Plus and the perks it comes with:

• An additional 10 Connects per month (plus a prorated first month's allotment)
  • The ability to buy additional Connects as needed for $1 each
  • Rollover privileges so that up to 140 unused Connects can be carried over to the following billing cycle
  • Visibility into competitor (high, low, average) bids on jobs
  • The ability to create a customized URL to your freelancer profile
  • The ability to hide earnings on your freelancer profile
  • 70 Connects per month

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

• An additional 10 Connects per month (plus a prorated first month's allotment)
  • The ability to buy additional Connects as needed for $1 each
  • Rollover privileges so that up to 140 unused Connects can be carried over to the following billing cycle

The first three do not apply anymore.

There is an additional one: Your profile will not be set to private even if you don't earn for 30+ days.

Yes, it is $ 14.99 plus VAT.

You can see the lowest, average and highest bids (that are still in the running, not been declined or archived or withdrawn(!!!!))

Whether it is worth it for you, only you can decide.

r_satta
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Yes, it is $ 14.99 plus VAT.

You can see the lowest, average and highest bids (that are still in the running, not been declined or archived or withdrawn(!!!!))

Whether it is worth it for you, only you can decide.

Being inactive has never been a problem, I'm always active.

Guess I won't buy it then. It does really offer almost nothing compared to the basic plan Smiley Sad (except, if I buy it, I'm going to spend more for connects Smiley Indifferent). I was really expecting something more, I'm kinda disappointed

afifield
Community Member

I'm still on freelancer plus and I can confirm that your connects do roll over still to the next month. Not sure about the other 2 things Petra crossed out. 

r_satta
Community Member

Amanda F wrote:

I'm still on freelancer plus and I can confirm that your connects do roll over still to the next month. Not sure about the other 2 things Petra crossed out. 

It doesn't really matter that much. If I need connects I'll just buy them. The only thing I was interested in was the bids insight, which is not really an insight on anything fmpov.

Edit: looking at other posts you do get a maximum of 210 connects (70 new + 140 rollover) but as I said, I'm not interested in the slightest.

petra_r
Community Member

Amanda F wrote:

I'm still on freelancer plus and I can confirm that your connects do roll over still to the next month.

Of course they do, but that is no longer any advantage because the connects on the basic plan now also roll over and stay valid for a year now.

Trust me 😉

afifield
Community Member

Yeah if that's the case I will probably just change over then to basic. 🙂 I always have a lot of connects anyways because I have a few ongoing contracts lol.

Hi all,

I apologize for the confusion. Thank you, Petra, for correcting me and providing an adequate answer. I updated my original answer. 

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Kindly, follow up on our Help Article to learn more about Freelancer Plus and the perks it comes with:

• 70 Connects per month

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Aleksandar, is something going to change for the freelancer plus program?

I mean, 70 connects per month are not really that useful, I now can buy them whenever I want (and sometimes I don't even spend 70 connect in a month). The same applies to the rollover, I don't really need to roll anything over since I can always have 0 connects and buy them whenever I need to make a proposal.
Hide earnings may be useful to someone who wants to hide his/her earnings, but from what I see from the majority of the users it's a sort of status of how well you performed on Upwork, not really something to hide.
Customized URL. It is a URL, if I have to send my profile to somebody they are just going to click on it, they won't read how beautiiful my URL is.
Now we get to bids visibility. This is the only perk which may be actually useful. But breaking it up, the only difference between the membership plans is that I'm going to spend 10,5$ (+VAT) for 70 connects with basic plan, and 14,99$ (+VAT) for 70 connects + bids visibility for the plus plan. 
Basically I'm going to pay 4,49$ for the bids visibility perk only. This, in my humble opinion, is not a freelancer plus, it's a pay 4,49$ to not really have any insight on the bids program - the rest is the same as the basic one

florydev
Community Member

Sounds like you have found an answer for yourself, don't buy it.

Roberto,

Elance used to provide some detail on all projects, including specific bid amounts from each freelancer who submitted a bid. That was very useful for many reasons, not least so a freelancer could have a quick look to see how their bid compared to all others pricewise.

Upwork only shows High, Low and Average bids, which is not nearly as useful. Not really very useful at all.

Will L wrote:

Roberto,

Elance used to provide some detail on all projects, including specific bid amounts from each freelancer who submitted a bid. That was very useful for many reasons, not least so a freelancer could have a quick look to see how their bid compared to all others pricewise.

Upwork only shows High, Low and Average bids, which is not nearly as useful. Not really very useful at all.

I know (now), that's why I slightly changed the topic with my last message directed at Aleksander. I wanted to know if there was any intention of changing how things work, since it's clearly not a plus program , more like a plus 0,0000000001 program

roverup
Community Member

Like others have said it’s just highest, average, and lowest. Not all that useful except for maybe a chuckle or two when you see the insanely high or low bids that inevitably pop up. 🙂
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members