🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I mad errors in the time-sheet for a hourly b...
Page options
william-chun
Community Member

I mad errors in the time-sheet for a hourly based project.

I have been working on a project on hourly basis.

Actually, it was an interview project for which I would source interviewees for the video conference and also provide interpretation service during the interviews.  I was going to be paid for each interview arranged ($50 per arranged interview) interpretation service (at $50/hour) and get reimbursed for the honorarium I pay the interviewees on my client's behalf.

Since Upwork allows either fixed or hourly based payment schedule, the client and I decided to use ‘hour’ as a “currency” and to use Upwork Timesheet to record the services I rendered.

For example,

Fixed fee $50 for interview arrangement:  I record 1 manual work hour (at $50/hr)

For translation service, I record actual time at $50/hour rate

To be reimbursed for the honorarium I pay to the interviewees on Client’s behalf, I record 2 hours or 1.5 hours of manual work hour in the timesheet for $100 or $75.

On April 2, errors took place 

For the interview arrangement with Ms.**Edited for community guidelines**, I was supposed to record 1 work hour at $50/hr to received an agreed success fee of $50.  However, the system kept recording 1 work hour for that interview arrangement repeatedly until it maxed out the weekly cap. Consequework hours for translation or honorarium were recorded as zero.  Please refer to the red box in the copy of the Upwork report that I am attaching below.

How can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

William Sangwook C wrote:

On April 2, errors took place 

For the interview arrangement with Ms. xxxxxxxxxxx, I was supposed to record 1 work hour at $50/hr to received an agreed success fee of $50.  However, the system kept recording 1 work hour for that interview arrangement repeatedly until it maxed out the weekly cap.

No, it didn't. You either left the tracker running by accident, or added more hours by accident (by mixing up am and pm for example. Check your work diary). After the weekly maximum is reached, any additional time you log is neither invoiced nor paid.

If you were overpaid, give a refund. If you were underpaid, ask the client to issue a refund.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members