🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need Help
Page options
henies
Community Member

I need Help

Greetings! 

i hope all of you are doing well, i was working with a client on a logo project, in the final step, i was preparing all the files to submit it after doing all the changes as he proposed and he was satisfied with the work and I can send the screenshot of our conversation ( if it isn't against the upwork terms and rules I'll show it to you), but when i clicked to submit the work i found that the client sent a request for a refund, i was confused and i asked him why he send a request for a refund, and he told me :

I definitely didn't request a refund
Please email Upwork
they can see these messages and process the refund
Process the payment to you, I mean

please let me know what can i do in this case 

kind regards

Heni 

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heri,

Looks like the contract you're referring to was canceled. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and further assist you and your client with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
henies
Community Member

Thank you so much Bojan for your response but please how can I receive the support ticket?, can you give me some details about it? and thank you for your time 

kind regards 

Heni

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heni,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
csvanhove
Community Member

Good that he or upwork sent a refund request, that means that his money is still with upwork and that you can show you were hired (there is an activated milestone).

You can refuse first the refund request and then start a dispute via upwork. Inform your client that you will do this, and tell that if the mistake is upwork's or if something else went wrong, it will have no consequences whatsoever for him. If the client is right (and it is a mistake from upwork), there's no problem for him/her and things will be solved easily.

If the client is wrong, and made a mistake, this is easily provable and the client would have no problem putting the milestone back up. 

If the client willingly tried to get his work done for free, upwork will still make sure he'll pay (you refused the refund), and he will also receive consequences from the platform protecting other freelancers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members