Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need LIVE CHAT option

salimsohel3
Mohammad Sohel M Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
1 of 14

Hello ,

in my account i can not see any LIVE Chat option.

My Account is now.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 14

Mohammad Sohel,

It is too expensive for oDesk to provide live chat support for all contractors.

It is not a bug that this is not available to you. This is intentional resource allocation.

You may use the provided ticketing system for submitting email-based requests.

salimsohel3
3 of 14

Hello,

Who will get LIVE Chat Option?

Previous it was available for all .

Another thing I submitted my profile 30 hours ago for approve so that i can apply,

but it shows that yet it's under review but i know within 12 hours they approvaed new profile .

salimsohel3
4 of 14

Hello,

Who will get LIVE Chat Option?

Previous it was available for all .

prestonhunter
Community Guru
5 of 14

Mohammed Sohel,

You are correct.

Live chat WAS previously available to everybody.

For a short time.

But contractors abused the privilege of having live chat by using it too much, particularly for simple questions that they should have put some effort into researching on their own or asking for help in the community forum.

Because contractors used Live Chat too much, it was to expensive to run. oDesk was providing an expensive service (Live Chat) for free to thousands of low-performing contractors who were not paying anything to use oDesk and were not actually making oDesk any money.

Instead of beginning to charge people money in order to use Live Chat, oDesk chose to block it for many people.

Live Chat functionality is still in place and many people (particularly paying clients) still have Live Chat availabilty to them. But oDesk made specific decisions about which groups of people to block from having Live Chat.

Who has Live Chat and who does not does not remain the same. Sometimes somebody may not have Live Chat, and then things change, and they'll have it again later.

67a8ecbd
Ciro R Member Since: Feb 13, 2019
6 of 14

Amazing, some clients have live chat and other do not have it. This platform is a gamble.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 14

Hi Ciro, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. Note that chat support is not available to all users at all times and also depends on the frequency of requests we're receiving during certain periods of time. If you need any help, you may post it here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
8 of 14

re: "I submitted my profile 30 hours ago for approve so that i can apply,

but it shows that yet it's under review but i know within 12 hours they approvaed new profile"

Yeah... About that "12 hours" thing.

That is really more of a goal that some people in management asked Customer Service to work toward. That's not actually how long it is taking them to approve new profiles. The time it takes to approve new profiles has recently become shorter, but it still can easily take 2 to 3 days, and you really should not begin to worry, nor should you contact customer support or post complaints in the community forum, until you have waited at least one full week.

If your profile has problems, it may take much longer to be approved, or to hear back from customer support about what you should do to fix it.

Your profile photo looks good and for the most part your profile page isn't bad. You really should get a native English speaker to help fix all the punctuation, spelling and grammar problems in your profile text. I think your profile text is better than what I see from many newbies, but it still has a lot of problems.

You have done a really nice job with your skill tests, by the way.

Show me a few portfolio pieces - even if they are mostly just short descriptions of projects you did along with a simple screenshot. That would make things even better. DON'T give me fancy designed graphics. I want to see something from you that looks rather technical, something that shows me you're a real programmer, not a graphic designer!

Even if Customer Service approves your profile without doing these things, you should follow my advice to have a better chance at getting hired for jobs.

reylozada1234
Rey L Member Since: Jan 25, 2013
9 of 14

Live chat option is still available. Unfortunately oDesk only allows the live chat support for those who have the top rated badge,

mehmaq
Mehma Q Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
10 of 14

Live chat?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS