🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I need a help
Page options
kurbalija-sinisa
Community Member

I need a help

I arranged with the employer to redesign his website and make him a logo. When I finished he said that he did not like it and that he would not pay me for my work. He still uses the redesigned website as I designed it. The logo has inserted its but the favicon logo that I made and it still stands. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sinisa K wrote:

I arranged with the employer to redesign his website and make him a logo. When I finished he said that he did not like it and that he would not pay me for my work. He still uses the redesigned website as I designed it. The logo has inserted its but the favicon logo that I made and it still stands. What should I do?

Were you actually hired?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Sinisa K wrote:

Were you actually hired?

hoyle_editing
Community Member

If you have completed the job to the contract specification then you should be paid for the work you have done - Having said that, Design elements are obviously subject to ones personal taste, i would try and work with the client to resolve any design elements that they dislike to make them happy with it. 

Presumably if you have redesigned you had draughts etc. that the client approved? if so then and its a case of them changing their mind it is not down to you.

thanks

If you've been scammed then you need to closely read up on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Once you're totally familiar with this, contact your 'client' and inform them of the implications.

Good luck!

I need work but I can't complete my profile one problem solve then next problem how can I join parfectaly
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohd, 

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

Sinisa K wrote:

Exactly how did you "arrange" all of that. Were you offered a contract where you have to click on Accept or Decline? Were you actually hired? Does the job appear under the "Mu Jobs" link at the top of the homepage here? Just because a client says, ok, start working, or ok, you're hired., or even I'm hiring you does not mean you have an actual contract where (if this was a fixed rate job) the client would deposit funds into escrow. 

What should you do? - You should have told the client to present the offer to you, to officially hired you here. You should have made sure escrow was fully funded before starting work, or if this was an hourly job, you should have made sure you used Tracker to record the hours you worked.And you should have taken the time to read Upwork's help section so you would know how to work correctly and get paid for the work you do here. This site has a lot of scammers, and if you don't know the procedures here, you will probably get scammed again.  Other then that, at this point, because it looks like you have not been hired, there's nothing you can do. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths