cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a pat on the back! :)

Highlighted
Marvin E Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
1 of 6

Today marked my 1000 hours in just 4 months. YES! F.O.U.R. 4 months. I've been in front of my desktop nearly 10 hours a day.

Just wanna share my story.

Prior to my freelancing journey. I was working for the second largest US civilian contractor in Afghanistan, inside a military installation. When the draw down of troops started, so is the laying off of people. Then 2015 comes, when the savings is almost at the bottom of the jar and I am unemployed. I started on looking for jobs online and then I found oDesk. I have no idea what the site is all about so I started reading some blogs about the site and how people make good money using the site. On late January I signed up (out of curiousity), my profile got approved the next day. I spent the next week reading tips & watching videos about how to land my first contract. Then on Feb. 06 I got lucky, I got my first contract (fixed), after 2 days got another short-term contract (hourly). At $3.33 I know a lot of westerners will say it's a ridiculous rate but I am new and just dipping my toes in the warer. So yeah, I started working for an hourly contract. Then the next week got another one, this time it's long-term. From that on I keep getting contracts and invites and l lucky enough to actually win the gigs. So far, I only bumped into only 1 ugly client. Thank god.

Now, I am working for contracts with hourly rate of $4.44 to $8.89 and I am now signing up for $10. MASSIVE LEAP EY? Smiley Happy

I SO LOVE YOU UPWORK!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 6
Good to hear your positive story Marvin.

Congrats on the big 1000.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 6

That is a really impressive track record for 4 months.

Congratulations!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 6

Congrats, Marvin! 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Marvin. It is really inspiring. Keep up the good work!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jannatul N Member Since: Dec 22, 2014
6 of 6

Congratulations! Go Ahead... Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS