🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I need a refund!(Support email and chat a...
Page options
seckin-uzun
Community Member

I need a refund!(Support email and chat are not opening a ticket!)

Hi there, I purchased 80 connects today, but the jobs that people share don't look very genuine on this website and there is nothing that protects the freelancer. How can the freelancer make money when the freelancer pays money upfront for something that the freelancer has not earned? Can I get a refund on my connects, please?Thanks

Seckin Ismail Uzun

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seckin,

Please note that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there to help you create proposals that win jobs and boost your career on Upwork: 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

You can check this help article for more information about the support options and how to find answers to questions. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I NEED A REFUND!

I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR SERVICE OR YOUR WEBSITE!

My purchase has not been even 24 HOURS!

REFUND ME!

This is ridiculous!

You are not even responding to me. Using bots and automatic messages will get you nowhere! 

Seckin:
It is theoretically possible that you might be able to get somebody to give you a refund... But it isn't really Upwork's intention to give freelancers refunds for the purchase of connects simply because the freelancer decides not to use them.

I really do wish you well in all of your endeavors and I'm sorry if you are disappointed by your experience using Upwork. But the simplest thing for you to do would be to not seek a refund for the $12 you spent on Upwork connects.

Hi Seckin,

I understand and am here to address your questions. Unfortunately, we can't issue a refund for Connects once they were purchased and used. I encourage you to give clients a chance to review your proposals though. Often it takes some time to hear back from clients and to land that first job.

~ Bojan
Upwork

What a terrible company and what a terrible customer service you have been providing to me.

It has not even been 24 hours since I have purchased the connects to try out your website. Also, it was not my intention to buy your connects.It went through immediately.

Later, I have tried the website and it is not up to the expectations.

I am legally informing you that I dispute the transaction.

I request you to REFUND ME !!!!!

You can not rip people off like this! 

I swear to god that I will have the worst review about the website UPWORK all around the internet.

This is not a threat. You have no right to do this!

Seckin U wrote:

What a terrible company and what a terrible customer service you have been providing to me.

It has not even been 24 hours since I have purchased the connects to try out your website. Also, it was not my intention to buy your connects.It went through immediately.

I swear to god that I will have the worst review about the website UPWORK all around the internet.

What could you possibly have learned about the website in less than 24 hours of "trying" it that you couldn't have seen by scrolling through job posts before you made the decision to purchase connects? 

Tiffany S wrote:

Seckin U wrote:

What could you possibly have learned about the website in less than 24 hours of "trying" it that you couldn't have seen by scrolling through job posts before you made the decision to purchase connects? 

It also sounds like he used the connects to submit proposals. You don't get a refund on a hotdog after you eat it. 

I have no way of knowing that the clients are real.

You can not expect freelancers to spend around a bunch of money on bids without making money.

When I did the payment, it did not ask for a code from my phone. It just went through. It was not my intention to buy the connects in the first place.

I am asking you to reconsider your decision after you read about the CALIFORNIA LAW!

REFUND ME!

Unfortunately, your service has not performed well because it focused on freelancers spending money. I am disappointed because the service was not performed correctly,

Also, I was billed the amount out of my desire. It just went through immediately.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate my money back

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem I will wait until before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. 

Sincerely,

If this letter does not resolve the problem, I will file a complaint in California.

re: "I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem I will wait until before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau... I will file a complaint in California."

You can read more about that here.

Preston,

I don't know what your position is and who you are to reply to me and what your intention is telling me not to seek a refund of my $12.

Are you the manager of the business that sold the product to me? Can you state your first name and last name?

I will file a complaint with the following:

-Department of Consumer Affairs

-California Attorney General's Office

-The Better Business Bureau 

-The District Attorney's Office

Stop telling me not to seek for a refund! This is so disrespectful.

re: "I don't know what your position is and who you are to reply to me and what your intention is telling me not to seek a refund of my $12."

Seckin:
I am just a user of the site.

I am the person who said that I wish you well in your endeavors.

re: "Stop telling me not to seek for a refund!"

I don't know where you are getting that from. I have never told you to not seek a refund.

I pointed out that the simplest course of action would be for you to not seek a refund. This is obviously a factual statement.

That is not the same thing as saying that you shouldn't seek a refund.

I am only trying to help you out.

Bojan,

What will you do to resolve this complaint?

If you're seeking a refund based on a complaint that the projects don't look geniune, then I encourage you to click on some profiles and see all of the "fake" clients that freelancers like Preston and I have worked with. (Clients like Microsoft, in my case.)

Also - it's $12. You're going to waste hours of your time trying to get it back? And where does Upwork say that they have a money back guarantee?

You've no doubt wasted more than $12 of your time fighting on a hill you couldn't take in the first place. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths