🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need advice on the current contract situati...
Page options
andrey_kharin
Community Member

I need advice on the current contract situation.

Hello.

I need an advice. I will try to briefly describe the situation. I have a contract, and the current state of affairs is different from what I got when reading the job description and in the preliminary communication with the client. In addition, a difficult situation arose with the deadlines for the delivery of the finished work.

Project tasks: creating characters and creating an animated video with these characters.
The client has created two milestones: 1) creating characters and animated objects (due date July 26), 2) creating animation (due date July 29). In a previous conversation, the client emphasized that it is important for him to receive the finished video on July 29th.
The client provided a script, a description of the details and tasks for the project, and also images as a sample for developing the design of characters and animated objects.
When discussing the project, the client later sent me another script, which implies a slightly larger number of scenes, a longer animation duration, and a larger number of animated objects. The differences were not very big, and I found it acceptable.
However, the situation continued to change. On July 26, I sent the developed character and object designs. The client has sent me comments implying a quite large number of changes in the development of these objects, and also a complete redesign of some of them. In particular, the originally attached images (for reference) showed fairly simple 2D flat vector characters. However, in the comments on the work I submitted (I sent these materials in a simple message to the client in Upwork chat, not submitting work on the milestone page) the client indicated that he needed a much more detailed character. Many of the details that need to be taken into account when working on other objects are revealed only in these comments, and they were not indicated in the original materials on the project. I did a redesign and today I received new comments implying some new changes. Because of this, I am unable to proceed with the main task of the project (animation), as not all animated objects are approved (the first milestone is not approved). Accordingly, I do not have the possibility to complete all the work according to the deadlines. The project has become more complex and now it does not correspond to the original idea of ​​it.

What advice could you give in this situation? What would be the right thing for me to do?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members