🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need assistance in hourly contract
Page options
arifzaryab
Community Member

I need assistance in hourly contract

Hey,

I have been hired by a client at august 4,2020. It was hourly contract $3/ hr and 5hr/week. I delivered the work effeciently client was happy too. He said to me send link for payment i said you have to pay through contract. He ended the contract and only gave me bonus of $6. Where are my $15 i am confused because nothing is shown except bonus. What should i do now? How can i get my payment.

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Zaryab A wrote:

I have been hired by a client at august 4,2020. It was hourly contract $3/ hr and 5hr/week. I delivered the work effeciently client was happy too. He said to me send link for payment i said you have to pay through contract. He ended the contract and only gave me bonus of $6. Where are my $15 i am confused because nothing is shown except bonus. What should i do now? How can i get my payment.

Did you track your time with the Upwork tracker? Then you get paid automatically for the hours you worked.

Can you see the $ 15 in one of the tabs on your Reports Overview Page? 

I do not know how tracker can be attached. 

Zaryab A wrote:

I do not know how tracker can be attached. 

What do you mean?

You have worked over 2,200 hours. How can you not know about the time tracker and how hourly contracts work?

I have been hired for 1 year. I used tracker that was daily basis. This time it was 5 hr/week contract was started. In previous work everything was set by client. But this time what happnes i do not know. As there were showing invoice will be updated on moday so i waited.

Zaryab A wrote:

I have been hired for 1 year. I used tracker that was daily basis. This time it was 5 hr/week contract was started. In previous work everything was set by client. But this time what happnes i do not know. As there were showing invoice will be updated on moday so i waited.

If you used the tracker, you will get paid

If you didn't use the tracker, you won't get paid.

I did not use tracker i just install it. I thought it will be automatically maintained by upwork.

Zaryab A wrote:

I did not use tracker i just install it. I thought it will be automatically maintained by upwork.

How?

When you worked those nearly 2,300 hours previously, did you not turn the tracker on when you started work and turn it off again when you finished?

How would Upwork automatically log your time without knowing how many hours you worked?

If you didn't track your time, you won't be paid unless the client manually issues another bonus for you

jr-translation
Community Member

Zaryab A wrote:

Hey,

Did you log any time?

What do you mean by this?

Hi Zaryab,

Please refer to this Guide to learn more about how you can track your time when you`re hired on hourly contracts. I would also strongly suggest to check out our resources Here and learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I kept in contact with client throughout the week and deliver the work at time. Please tell me solution

You can ask your client to pay you the money as a bonus, but if he chooses not to, there's nothing you can do. Learn how the time tracker works and use it next time.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths