🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need clarification (confirmation) on passwo...
Page options
82bfa930
Community Member

I need clarification (confirmation) on password reset using phone possibility

Hello, I have joined upwork lately and I really like it Smiley Happy, I have a small question regarding safety of my account. So in short In my country SIM providers make it very easy to unlock the pin number of my SIM card and there are many accidents where thieves steal phones, I want to make sure that noone can use my SIM (phone number) to unlock my upwork account. I have searched and information says it apperas they need the email so I just need to confirm I understood it correctly.

Thank you very much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gamal,

To access or login to an account on Upwork, a user must enter their userID (or can also be the user's Upwork-registered email address) and password. Depending on when needed, a user may be asked to answer a security question as well. On the other hand, adding your phone number to receive a security code is an additional security measure. Once you’ve set a security phone number, you’ll be prompted for a verification code when our security systems detect a login attempt we deem high-risk.

You can check out this help article to learn more about Two-Step Security Verification. As a suggestion, you can always add extra steps to secure your phone.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gamal,

To access or login to an account on Upwork, a user must enter their userID (or can also be the user's Upwork-registered email address) and password. Depending on when needed, a user may be asked to answer a security question as well. On the other hand, adding your phone number to receive a security code is an additional security measure. Once you’ve set a security phone number, you’ll be prompted for a verification code when our security systems detect a login attempt we deem high-risk.

You can check out this help article to learn more about Two-Step Security Verification. As a suggestion, you can always add extra steps to secure your phone.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members