🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need communication
Page options
kristina22ms
Community Member

I need communication

Hello, 

I got a message from **edited for Community Guidelines** saying that I was perfect for the job yada yada and to email a private email to the person.  So I did, I was curious. After years of being on this site I still have yet to get a job from this place. So I was curious, they emailed back saying I would start out at $1,000.00 monthly and I needed a printer, checks, and envelopes. I would be reimbursed for those items and that they needed my phone number. I have not replied or did anything I know its a scam. Well I was going to be nice and report it but I can't get a hold of a living breathing individual to help. So now I am just pretty pissed off.........

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina, 

I'm sorry to learn that being unable to contact support has inconvenienced you. In the future, feel free to flag any job post, or user as inappropriate if their profile or their job post raises a red flag. 

I would also like to share that I have reported this client, and their job post to the team for their review and action. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
2a05aa63
Community Member

You don't need a person to report it. Just flag the job post:

image.png

Yes.

Flag as inappropriate.

And then you're done. This is very routine. Very common. Just takes 15 seconds to flag and Upwork will handle it. Mention that this is a fake check scam.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina, 

I'm sorry to learn that being unable to contact support has inconvenienced you. In the future, feel free to flag any job post, or user as inappropriate if their profile or their job post raises a red flag. 

I would also like to share that I have reported this client, and their job post to the team for their review and action. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members