🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need help, I did some mistakes.
Page options
lilitlyolik
Community Member

I need help, I did some mistakes.

Hi.
I just found , that I did mistakes accordin UpWork rules. I sent with all my proposlas my Behance profile link as a portfolio. I for sure working with all my clients via UpWork and here is my question. How can I change this? I tried to remove the link , but there is noa ccess, its not like all messages and I can't just remove it. Please , help me to understand what I have to do , so don't want to be blocked. I can remove my Behance profile . Do you think it will work ?? To be honest, I haven't enough time for Behance and I have been created it just for UpWork( sounds not good), but really a lots of clients want to see your Behance or Dribble profiles, as a designer. I don't know what I have to do. For sure I will not send any more my Behance profile's link, but what with old proposals?? Thank you very much for help in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kam_andru
Community Member

I think it's not against the Upwork rules to send a portfolio link from outside, but it is always better for clients to see your profile quickly if you have added your previous works to Upwork portfolio, so no need to worry about the past proposals and focus on making your Upwork profile more attractive by adding the exact keywords and graphics for better results.

I hope this helps, Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kam_andru
Community Member

I think it's not against the Upwork rules to send a portfolio link from outside, but it is always better for clients to see your profile quickly if you have added your previous works to Upwork portfolio, so no need to worry about the past proposals and focus on making your Upwork profile more attractive by adding the exact keywords and graphics for better results.

I hope this helps, Thank you.

Thanks a lot. 

arulprasadj
Community Member

It's not against the Upwork rules.

Thank you !

This is Wanda **Edited for community guidelines** i don't have picture of myself, employee i am a Retiree from the Federal Gov't do i need full in everything to hire someone.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wanda,

Looks like you created the freelancer account. You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a creelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Lilit P wrote:

Hi.
I just found , that I did mistakes accordin UpWork rules. I sent with all my proposlas my Behance profile link as a portfolio. I for sure working with all my clients via UpWork and here is my question. How can I change this? I tried to remove the link , but there is noa ccess, its not like all messages and I can't just remove it. Please , help me to understand what I have to do , so don't want to be blocked. I can remove my Behance profile . Do you think it will work ?? To be honest, I haven't enough time for Behance and I have been created it just for UpWork( sounds not good), but really a lots of clients want to see your Behance or Dribble profiles, as a designer. I don't know what I have to do. For sure I will not send any more my Behance profile's link, but what with old proposals?? Thank you very much for help in advance!

You are not allowed to share you contact information or links to websites with contact information. Some websites leave the possibility to message you directly. Tell the clients in the proposal that all communicaiton must be done through the message room until a contract is in place. If a clients uses eg you name to find and contact you outside Upwork, it is a ToS violation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths