🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need help
Page options
paul2461981
Community Member

I need help

I was talking to a client before starting the work to find out what he was after. He gave me a rough idea. I then started the contract and sent him some more questions. some of the questions he could not answer. Then he sent me an image of the box he would like his design putting on. After asking him to contact his printing company to get me the bleed to find how much the printing company is cutting off. He turned around and said no because it was the first time using that company. I explained to him that I needed the bleed. He then asked the printing company for the bleed. The printing company sent him a template for me to use. He sent me half the template and said that all the company sent him, but once I got the download link off him, I ended up getting to the template. To cut a long story short, he had ordered the wrong box and had to contact the printing company to get a new template that was 5 days ago, In that time I asked the client to send me his logo in an AI file or a PDF so I can edit the logo to put onto the box. The client sent me a JPEG image of his logo, then I asked him for the font that goes with his logo as you need to buy it. He said his work colleague has the typeface and he would have to get it off him. We are now on the 5th day. He turned around today and said. The individual that handles this is off work with covid-19, and he is filling in for him and he apologizes.

I have asked the client if he would like to cancel the contract, he asked me what do I think. I said yes because you can not get me the files I need or answer my questions. He then said I do not think we should cancel. Because we are waiting for an email response. That's only for the template, not the logo file or font.

If I cancel the order and he gives me bad feedback, can I get it removed as it's not my fault he can not answer the questions and get me the logo file or font.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Paul J wrote:

If I cancel the order and he gives me bad feedback, can I get it removed as it's not my fault he can not answer the questions and get me the logo file or font.

Is it a contract or a project catalogue order? 

If it is a project catalogue order, then yes, you can get one feedback a month removed.

If it is a "normal contract" then no, you can't.

Why don't you just wait until the client's colleague comes back and pick up the contract then? What's the rush to get it closed? 

tlbp
Community Member

You cannot get the feedback removed. Once you take a contract on Upwork, you are almost always stuck with whatever feedback it produces. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members