🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need some help and advice
Page options
dc5f3bb4
Community Member

I need some help and advice

Hello good day! I have started a job which is the typing job,I have finished the project and forwarded it to the client. So I asked the paymeny,then they told me to forward them a bank account or paypal..So that's what I did. And hours later they told me to link my bank account to thier server and pay particular amount .is that normal thing? or what,,they also want my picture and personal number,my birthday,and  more information about me,,I just wanted to know if its normal.. thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

No typing jobs.

You are talking to scammers who are trying to steal your money.

You need to read more about Upwork rules.

You are violating Upwork rules.

You could have your account suspended because of what you have done.

You need to read more about scams:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thank you very much! I did't know for it is my first time here, I appriate your help!

PradeepH

Hi Lance,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members