🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need someone from Upwork to contact me ASAP...
Page options
hargrove_natalie
Community Member

I need someone from Upwork to contact me ASAP. I have a long term job that you are keeping me from g

9 REPLIES 9
hargrove_natalie
Community Member

To clarify I am a freelancer on Upwork and I had a long term job offer with a company that found my profile on this site. But now they are rescinding the offer due to Upwork's inability to work out a payment contract. This employer is the largest employer in my area and as of right now I won't be able to work for them until I have been "off" of the Upwork site for 24 months unless Upwork can get their stuff together. I need someone to contact me from Upwork so we can get this worked out.

Natalie H wrote:

But now they are rescinding the offer due to Upwork's inability to work out a payment contract.

What do you mean? On Upwork the client sets up an hourly or a fixed rate contract. Through the interface, adds their payment method if not already done, and hires you.

What do you mean by "a payment contract" - Client pays Upwork, Upwork pays you. What does Upwork have to work out as far as "a payment contract" is concerned?

It is a long term job. They want to buyout my contract with Upwork so that I can be an employee with them.

Natalie H wrote:

It is a long term job. They want to buyout my contract with Upwork so that I can be an employee with them.

Oh I see, so have they (not you) emailed optoutfee@upwork.com to arrange to pay 25% of your annual salary?

Yes. The problem is in the form of payment that Upwork will accept.

Natalie H wrote:

Yes. The problem is in the form of payment that Upwork will accept.

Why, how does the client want to pay? Generally it's credit card.

At any rate, this is between your client and Upwork. Upwork will not contact you to discuss your client's dealings with them with you.

The company is a University and they are not able to use a credit card for this size of expense. Bottom line is Upwork is effectively keeping me from getting a long term job due to their inability to work with this University. I agree that it should be between Upwork and the University and that I shouldn't have to be involved, but that clearly isn't working and now a website that is supposed to be "helping" me get work is keeping me from getting it. If they aren't willing to talk to me then they are leaving me no option but to seek legal council.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I have escalated your request to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to further assist you. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members