Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need the help of a support regarding an email that I received from Upwork

salehshayk
Saleh B Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
1 of 4

Hello there, 

I was recently offered a project by one of the clients that I previously worked for. Upon accepting the proejct after finalizing the details, I started working on it.

A couple of days in, I received this email from Upwork saying "Your contract is on hold", I am not sure why I recieved that email and why the status of the project is changed to "suspended" ever since. I was already done with the work as well and was able to send to the client. 

What should I do in this regard and why, in the first place, did I recieve this email?

I'll be looking forward to a prompt response since this is really making me worried. 

Thanks and Regards,

Saleh B.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Saleh B wrote:

Hello there, 

I was recently offered a project by one of the clients that I previously worked for. Upon accepting the proejct after finalizing the details, I started working on it.

A couple of days in, I received this email from Upwork saying "Your contract is on hold", I am not sure why I recieved that email and why the status of the project is changed to "suspended" ever since. I was already done with the work as well and was able to send to the client. 

What should I do in this regard and why, in the first place, did I recieve this email?

Hourly or fixed rate?

If hourly, did you track your time properly using the tracker?

If fixed rate, did you send the work through the "Submit for payment" function on the contract?

The contract hold is on the client's end, you don't really need to worry about that part.

salehshayk
Saleh B Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
3 of 4

It was a fixed price project.

I didn't submit the work yet as I was still working on it when I received the email. 

I hope that helps you comprehend the situation better.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Saleh B wrote:

I didn't submit the work yet as I was still working on it when I received the email. 

Submit it, then.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS