cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to contact a human

a541a26f
Dana J Member Since: Jul 31, 2017
1 of 8

Upwork is without question the WORST and MOST POORLY ORGANIZED connection system I have ever used.  I need to contact a human.  The system has not paid my freelancer and he has done an excellent job.

corati
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
2 of 8

hi Dana, is it an hourly or fixed price contract?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

@Dana J wrote:

The system has not paid my freelancer and he has done an excellent job.

If the contract was hourly and the freelancer tracked his time he is paid automatically.

If the contract is fixed rate and you properly funded the milestone / milestones, the freelancer is paid automatically.

Can you expand on what you think happened?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Dana,

I'm a human and I'm here to help you. I checked your contracts and your communication with the freelancer in question, and can confirm the time they logged last week will be processed in line with our weekly billing cycle, as were the previous payments on your initial contract. You will be billed in an hour for the time they logged last week and the payment will be released to them next Wednesday.

Please direct your freelancer to check the payment's status by going to Reports > Overview on their account, and clicking the question mark icon right above the payment for more information about how different payments are processed on Upwork. Please also direct them to review the different freelancer resources we created and compiled here.

I'm sorry about the confusion created regarding this payment, feel free to follow up in the Community if you have any questions like the one you shared here. For questions that require sharing private information, please use the Help slider on the right side of the page on your account to access the available support options and communicate with Customer Support directly.

Untitled
ddsharper
Dee W Member Since: Apr 17, 2017
5 of 8

It wasn't until recently that they went the way of most companies, making it difficult to reach a human. They used to have a chat window with immediate help on the bottom right area of the help window. They used to have readily accessible phone numbers too. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

Yes... But that was very expensive. Chat and phone support costs a lot of money. Difficult to support when most users only are using free product and not paying anything.

Freelancers by the millions who have never earned anything, paid no fees, and have free profiles and Upwork accounts.

The upside is that for nearly any imaginable question or issue outside of being able to directly access user accounts, the Community Forum offers prompt, amazing free help. Easily worth twice what users pay for it.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Dee,

I checked and you do have access to all support options on this page. Please, click "Get Help," provide some information about your issue and click "Next" if none of the articles contain the information you need. You'll then see the options to contact support.

You can also let us know here in the Community what you need help with and we'll be happy to assist you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jefframlee
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
8 of 8

Just popped in out of curiosity...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS