🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need urgent answers
Page options
opeyemiali
Community Member

I need urgent answers

Hi Community,
Yesterday, I got emails from Talent Scout, notifying me of my portfolio's rejection.

Also, I was instructed to complete my marketplace profile.

(1) Having checked my Upwork profile afterward, the only thing left undone is the certification section. I don't have a professional certificate for now. Can that make my marketplace profile incomplete?

(2) Is my catalog project referred to as my marketplace profile? If it's incomplete, Upwork wouldn't have approved it in the first place.

(3) What are the wrongs in my portfolio that made it score below the pass mark, that resulted in rejection?
I need to know to make amends.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Still at the corner,

Opeyemi Ali.
1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Patience Opeyemi A wrote:

(1) Having checked my Upwork profile afterward, the only thing left undone is the certification section. I don't have a professional certificate for now. Can that make my marketplace profile incomplete?

(2) Is my catalog project referred to as my marketplace profile? If it's incomplete, Upwork wouldn't have approved it in the first place.

(3) What are the wrongs in my portfolio that made it score below the pass mark, that resulted in rejection?
I need to know to make amends.

1. Look at this page, which tells you how to make your profile 100% complete

2. No

3. Obviously I don't know what made them reject it, but your "3D" portfolio pieces are all made with the same app (I have it) and have the same horrible artificial voiceover. You could seriously not sell that sort of thing to a client.  It's not "real" 3D animation, is it? You're not animating anything, as such.

The one writing sample I looked at needs editing by a native speaker. When there is a mistake in the first few words most people just stop reading

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members