cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I not receive invitations to work

Highlighted
Michele H Member Since: Feb 27, 2016
1 of 8

I have had problems, I have sent offers to many proposals, but I am not receiving invitation to be hired by the customers. It will be my profile the problem

would appreciate your help

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
2 of 8

I think the English is a problem. No client will take you seriously if they can't understand what you are trying to say.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 8

Data entry is crowded like the Parisian Metro at 8 am. No wonder landing a job in this field is hard.

Translation from English to Spanish, hm, I don't know. Clients may be deterred by your level of English. Even if it is true that the main criterion for a translator is to have a perfect command of his or her target language, professional translators are often somehow fluent in their source language too.

Edit: I see that you translated your message in Spanish, it won't be accepted here, but I guess it's better than the English version. The only thing is,:now I can't read it anymore :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Michele H Member Since: Feb 27, 2016
4 of 8

I have had problems, I have sent offers to many proposals, but I am not receiving invitation to be hired by the customers. It will be my profile the problem

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
5 of 8

@Michele H wrote:

you have two threads of this...  people are responding. Why are you continuing to post the same messsage as if no one said a word?   Maybe you aren't a human.... but instead a robot....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 8

Michele, why don't you concentrate on the skills you have? You are offering almost non-existent competencies in fields that are already vastly oversubscribed .

Your English, at the moment is too basic to be a good translator. But you have accounting qualifications. You are far more likely to get work by applying for fewer jobs in your sector, than for random jobs that you think you might be able to do.

Accountancy, in any case, is likely to get you more money than translation or data entry.  

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
7 of 8
This widget could not be displayed.

@Nichola L wrote:

Accountancy, in any case, is likely to get you more money than translation or data entry.  

Provided her CV is true. However, no accountancy for international clients without English knowledge.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
8 of 8

Oddly though, the original poster has never worked for less than $7 an hour, so it never actually applied to her. Anyway, most of the truly low wage freelancers were kicked off after the switchover, and before the influx of Elance workers. They were not happy bunnies.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS