cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid in advance a fixed project and also give a positive feedback but the project has not been delivered. What should I Do?

Highlighted
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 10, 2013
1 of 4
Hi guys I make a huge mistake. On april 2013 I make probably all the mistakes you should not make according to the oDesck best practices. Yes, I paid in advance and also give 5 posit feedback to a freelancer that was working on one of my projects but after 8 month i the freelancer hasn't delivered yet. The freelancer is associated with an agency and I haven't contact the agency yet as i'm trying to resolve this problem directly with her. But I'm seek and tired off this and I really don't know what to do and where to start with. I'm very stressed as I spend $3.940 approximately. Please give me some advice. Thanks Alexander
Highlighted
Michele B Member Since: May 19, 2013
2 of 4
Yes, you did make a huge mistake. Forget dealing directly with the freelancer or his/her agency if you're seeing no action. Contact the HelpDesk here. Immediately. If they don't get some action for you, get an attorney. At 4k, you can't just let this go. How long was this project supposed to last? Good luck!
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
3 of 4
Hi Alexander, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Please report the freelancer to Customer Support for non-delivery. As a rule of thumb, never close the job and leave feedback until you have received and checked the deliverable. In the future please consider setting up a combination of milestones and upfront payments with your freelancer so that you release payment when you see progress in the right direction. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
S.P.Maduka N Member Since: Aug 31, 2013
4 of 4
you have done a big mistake. When you deal with a freelancer in here, wait until you get the very final product from him. If you pay him and give the feedback, before your work is done,(if he is a bad guy) he don't want to do your work anymore. He got the money now he is done. even you can't change the feedback after that. So when you start a deal, first interview him and see how does he work, If you are getting happy with him on your work, give the offer to him .And wait until you get the final product from him to give the money and the feedback. Don't trust until the final. ( Or don't give the offer until you came to final product).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS