🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I place a BID and someone response on my bid
Page options
empuerto_johans
Community Member

I place a BID and someone response on my bid

Hi Upwork Team,

Today I have placed a bid and a client responded on my BID; However, it was removed from UPWORK is because of ToS; the prospective client is SPAM to make it short. (Only upwork knows)

As a freelancer; You will NOT know if the client is a SPAM or violates the TOS. I believed this was the UPWORK job to clean it. 

So my question is; Do I still get 10 points loaded due to the client response on my serious bid; the next day on this because the prospective client still responded on my BID? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Why did you reply to a job that is clearly not your expertise, but seems an obvious scam? 

Why should I BID if I do not know the JOB? do you need to be an expert in all the JOB? 

I guess you did NOT answer my question. 

Martina P wrote:

Why did you reply to a job that is clearly not your expertise, but seems an obvious scam? 

I guess you did NOT answer my question. 

Let me re-phrase my question " Community Guru" to be able to guide us here:

So my question is; Do I still get 10 points loaded due to the client response on my serious bid; the next day on this because the prospective client still responded on my BID? 

petra_r
Community Member

You don't get free connects for a client responding to your proposal unless it resulted in you actually talking to the client in messages.

But the good news is that you'll get the connects back you spent on applying in the first place

okay; thanks for answering the question directly. 

I was looking for any link on the terms of service but I could not find it. can you share with me the black and white terms of service on this? 

Juhoney E wrote:

I was looking for any link on the terms of service but I could not find it. can you share with me the black and white terms of service on this? 

Why would that be in the terms of service? What does it have to do with the terms of service?

connects.png

(source)

NikolaS

Hi Juhoney,

Please know that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

Also, you may want to check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members