cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I"m getting this "we can't complete your request now" message far too often, how about you?

Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
1 of 39

Dear UpWork. 

I've gotten the following message MULTIPLE times over the last week, and it ALWAYS happens when I try to submit a bid. 

Here's the message:

We can't complete your request now.

We're currently experiencing an abnormally high volume of traffic.

Please try again later.

To report this problem click here.

Error 500 (O)

<End Message>

Now, after I click the link to report the message, I just get redirected to the FAQ. 

UpWork, why are you doing this? If you're getting abnormally high traffic, why don't you upgrade your servers?  And how come it always happens AFTER I try to submit a proposal, but not when I go to the page to enter my proposal?

So...anyone else running into this?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 39

I got this same message multiple times today when trying to click on my very own profile.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 39

Hi Mary and Christopher, 

Apologies if you are having an issue with submitting proposals. I have raised this issue with the team and will get back to you should there be any update from them. 

Thank you for your understanding!

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
Kamlesh K Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
4 of 39

Hello Support Team of Upwork, I have created an agency account and made payment of agency plan subscription yesterday. I am trying to add portfolio on upwork but every time system says "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.". I tried the same thing yesterday with another computer but still getting the same issue. Is there any one from support team who can help me to get this issue fixed. See the attached screenshot. Kindly check this issue or suggest me what to do. Thanks a lot. Look forward to hear you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 39

Hi Kamlesh,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same issue let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
6 of 39

Hi Goran, 

This time i am using Firefox to check this issue on windows machine after clearing browser cache, history, password and restarting my computer but still facing the same issue. Kindly see the attached screenshot. Thanks a lot!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 39

Thank you for the follow up Kamlesh,

I will escalate your problem and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further. 

Untitled
8 of 39

Thanks to update me that you have addressed and escalated my shared issue to Technical support team. Kindly get this issue fixed ASAP because I am loosing my business every day. Thanks a lot! Look forward to hear you soon.

9 of 39

Hi Goran,

Greetings of the day.

Any update of 'Not able to add portfolio in my agency account' issue? Have dev team solved it? Kindly get the status and share with me. Thanks a lot!

Look forward to hear you.

Best Regards

Kamlesh

10 of 39

Hi Goran,

Greetings of the day.

Any update of 'Not able to add portfolio in my agency account' issue? Have dev team solved it? Or Not then how much time will this issue take to be resolved?  Kindly get the status and share with me. I am loosing my business everyday. Thanks a lot!

Look forward to hear you.

Best Regards

Kamlesh

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS