cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I"m getting this "we can't complete your request now" message far too often, how about you?

Kamlesh K Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
11 of 39

Hi Goran and Support Team of Upwork,

Greetings of the day.

Is there any update of "Not able to post / add any portfolio in my agency account" issue? Kindly let me know how many weeks, months and years this issue will take to fix it by Upwork technical team. Please Please Please keep in touch and get this issue fixed ASAP. Thanks a lot!

Look forwarrd to hear you.

Best Regards

Kamlesh

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 39

Hi Kamlesh,

I understand your frustration with this and I can confirm that our team is working on resolving this as soon as possible. One of our team members will also update your ticket with more details and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Kamlesh K Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
13 of 39

Hi Goran,

Greetings of the day. 

Thanks for your reply. BTW is there any expected date when this issue will be fixed by technical team of Upwork, kindly contact to technical team and share that date with me. 

Best Regards

Kamlesh

Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
14 of 39

So, I haven't been able to submit any proposals today (because I keep getting messages telling me about unexpectedly high traffic), yet my connects went from about 42 to 18. 

How did this happen?

And, more importantely, how do I get my connects back?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 39

Hi Christopher,

I'll follow up with the team regarding your Connects balance and have the team respond directly via the open Support ticket. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 39

Hi Christopher,

Rest assured the team is working to resolve the issue. We returned the connects that you lost due to the error.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
17 of 39

Valeria, 

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm running into the same two problems again. 

Here are my two big problems, and how they're working together:

1. When I submit a proposal I keep getting a "We can't complete your request" error message. Please note that these messages only pop up AFTER I write my proposal and press submit. It never happens when I'm viewing a job and click "submit a proposal" in the upper-righthand area of the page. 

2. Even when I get the error message, I"m charged two connects. 

I've tried to apply to three separate jobs today, and I keep getting the error message for each of them. 

And I'm being charged connects that I can't use. So why can't I submit proposals, and why am I being charged when I can't submit proposals? 

Getting the error message has been a problem for the last 2-3 weeks, but it only happened on a few jobs. Now it's happening on every project I try to bid on. 

Will my card not be charged until UpWork gets this together? 

Also, when will this possibly be resolved? 

Thanks, 

Chris

PS - My connects should be at 42 again, but are now at 34. I tried to apply to 3 jobs, but applied to one twice before realizing I was having my connects removed each time I tried to apply. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 39

Sorry you are still having troubles submitting proposals, Christopher. Our engineers are investigating the issue currently. Could you please let us know if you still get the error every time you submit a proposal or it happens intermittently?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Jay V Member Since: Nov 6, 2015
19 of 39

Hi All,

Today I was submitting my proposal on job post and I received error that I can't proceed further so refresh the tab and I have to again write the whole proposal (The writing part is not the issue) and when I went back to my home page there was 4 connects was gone and this happens 2nd time with me. Do you guys come across anything like this or If you did, did you received your connects back coz I didn't receive anything back.

Thank You,
Jay V.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
20 of 39

Someone else complained about this in another thread. Refreshing on a submit page is a bad idea, because if the programmers don't account for "already bid" then it will probably bid twice. Kinda like refreshing on a payment submission page -- if not accounted for, you'll get charged twice.

It's better to hit the back button. Someone else was saying that he lost several connects for what seems like the same thing. They should account for the transaction, but it also seems like proposal submissions are batched so it might be that they haven't accounted for the possible refresh issue. I would bet my house that they figured that since you're blocked from submitting again at the job view page, that they didn't account for possible refresh on the bid submission page. Logic fail. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  PhDs at Stanford can't account for someone who has made these mistakes before. lol

It sounds like proposals are going through but something after the proposal submission is causing an error, so technically the bid went through. They aren't accounting for double submissions in the submit logic so BAM we have an issue.

My suggestion is to hold off on bidding again, go to the poposal page, see if it's listed and only then bid again if it's not there.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS