🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I received 40 connects today
Page options
utsha-saha
Community Member

I received 40 connects today

Hi,

I received 40 connects today, I didn't buy any. Can I know from where I received it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Utsha,

I checked this for you and you 8 connects were refunded to you from the job post you submit proposals for. 30 free connects were awarded to you as you recently received the Rising Talent badgeCongratulations on receiving the Rising Talent badge!

You can check this under your Connects History

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
lysis10
Community Member

Maybe you got 40 preciouses back from bad bidding habits.

Thanks for your concern haha, but no, I don't have a bad bidding habit, I care for my preciouses. 😛

1d4cafd6
Community Member

Hi Jannifer Can I contact with you plz ??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Utsha,

I checked this for you and you 8 connects were refunded to you from the job post you submit proposals for. 30 free connects were awarded to you as you recently received the Rising Talent badgeCongratulations on receiving the Rising Talent badge!

You can check this under your Connects History

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks a lot for the quick response! 😄

Commence the begging for connects. 

agarwalgg
Community Member

Hi, I have created my profile in Upworks and got 10 free connects. Please let me know if I can get additional free connects on approval of the profile. 

Thanks 

Hi Gaurav,

Each month, freelancers receive free Connects to help reach out to more clients.

Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 70 Connects each month (including 10 FREE). You can learn more about Freelancer Plus accounts here. 

You can earn Connects in several ways: 

• Register for the first time. You’ll receive 40 Connects to get started. When you complete the Upwork Readiness Test, you’ll receive another 40 Connects — that's 80 FREE Connects!
  • Win an interview. When you submit a proposal to a client and win an interview, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days.
  • Complete an Upwork Skill Certification. If you earn an Upwork Skill Certification, you’ll enjoy a one-time Connects bonus.
  • Earn a badge. If you qualify for an Upwork Talent Badge, you may receive bonus Connects with it!

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Please be informed that I did not receive 40 free connects when I registered for the first time. Can you please advise what I did wrong or what I need to do in order to get these connects.

Thanks,

Regards,

Gaurav 

Hi Gaurav,

Please keep in mind that only new freelancers will receive a bonus of 40 Connects. Since your account is not new, you will not receive the Connects on your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay Goran,

May be these connects were alloted to me last year when I created the account. Since I was not aware of these I never used them. The connects must have got expired.

Thanks

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You are refreshingly honest. If I found 40 unexpected connects, I would chalk it up to the connect fairy and put more money under my pillow and leave out milk and cookies for good measure, too. And never tell anybody about the miracle. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members