🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I received an email from Upwork that my contr...
Page options
irah_san
Community Member

I received an email from Upwork that my contract is on hold but is showing on tracker

I received an email that my contract with my client is on hold. I informed my client and did not do any further work according to Upwork TOS. My client said that he has fixed the issue already but I have not received an email or notification that the contract has been reactivated however it is showing on my Upwork time tracker already. Can I resume work or do I have to wait for an official email from Upwork before starting work again?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Just to clarify and so I am aware if it happens again, I do not need to wait for Upwork's official email anymore as long as the contract appears on my tracker again to resume work right?"

That is correct.

re: "I just want to make sure I don't violate any of the Terms of Service."

There are no Terms of Service rules associated with waiting to receive an email message or notification about a contract suspension ending. You have nothing to worry about in that regard.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irah Bianca,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. Yes, it looks like your contract is active again and you can proceed with working on it.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
irah_san
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan.

Just to clarify and so I am aware if it happens again, I do not need to wait for Upwork's official email anymore as long as the contract appears on my tracker again to resume work right?

I just want to make sure I don't violate any of the Terms of Service.

re: "Just to clarify and so I am aware if it happens again, I do not need to wait for Upwork's official email anymore as long as the contract appears on my tracker again to resume work right?"

That is correct.

re: "I just want to make sure I don't violate any of the Terms of Service."

There are no Terms of Service rules associated with waiting to receive an email message or notification about a contract suspension ending. You have nothing to worry about in that regard.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irah Bianca,

Yes, if the contract is showing as active in the tracker and no holds notifications are shown in the contract room on your account, you can resume work on that contract.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members