🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I received an invite that had 'invalid date' ...
Page options
gracealtieri
Community Member

I received an invite that had 'invalid date' and client didn't send invites..

I received an invite (yay!) that had 'invalid date' and client didn't send invites..according to the info under 'activity for this job'- weird right? 

I responded anyway thinking it may be a glitch, but is this a scam? I have read that there are quite a few ways to tell if there are scams on UW but, aside from it being low paying and high expectations it 'sounded' legit.

Any input?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grace,

I checked this for you and the last invitation you've received does have a date on it. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to access it under your Proposals or by clicking on the bell icon?

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grace,

I checked this for you and the last invitation you've received does have a date on it. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to access it under your Proposals or by clicking on the bell icon?

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes that seemed to work but now it says I received the invite 32 mins ago when I received it via email this afternoon... weird?

Hi Grace,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. If you can also share with the team the time stamp that you are seeing from your end, that will help them in their investigation. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

I know this is fixed now, but just for future reference: you can't trust the number of invites in the job's activity section right after the invites are sent. It updates very slowly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members