🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I refunded a client, does it remove the feedb...
Page options
pauloaguiar
Community Member

I refunded a client, does it remove the feedback?

I have started a contract with a client.

The client told me that the deadline what's not soon, he told me "not to rush".

One day after he told me not to rush close the contract because "the delivery was late" even though it was on time, and he told me not to rush. 

- after I realized you gave me bad feedback I refunded him immediately. Does that remove the bad review on my profile?

This situation is just insane, 

- he gives me unclear time frames, 

- tells me to slow down and

- then give me a bad review. 
- send me a bad access to his website and facebook business and blames it on me.

I need this bad review out of my profile.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roberty1y
Community Member

If you refund the money, it will remove the job and the feedback completely from your job history, but the private feedback will still affect your job success score.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
roberty1y
Community Member

If you refund the money, it will remove the job and the feedback completely from your job history, but the private feedback will still affect your job success score.

In my case its still visible, I have refunfed fully to the client, as he disputed.

2ee57f3b
Community Member

I recommend not refunding anyone for work provided because of the threat of a bad review. This only undercuts yourself and the entire freelance community by offering free work. And now you don't get paid and you have a negative review on your profile. Unfortunately, there is little one can do other than ask him to correct his review because you refunded him the balance, although, it sounds unlikely he will comply.

pauloaguiar
Community Member

Jesus Christ, I don't keep and money and Still have a bad job success score? 

This sounds unfair

It's too late now, but I agree with Thomas, you shouldn't have given him the money back just to remove the feedback. This gives clients the idea that they can intimidate freelancers into giving them free work by giving them bad feedback. 

markos-ethiopia
Community Member

I think I am gonna do that right now. I have spent lots of hours doing his work and now he has messed up the feedback. I first worked for him for free to update my feedback and he messed it up again. What else can I do?

e41ae8b5
Community Member

I also had the same problem when I refunded the customer in full, I refunded it 2 days ago but the customer's bad comment is still on my profile.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e41ae8b5
Community Member

Hi Nikola 
Thank you for responding . Customer feedback has been removed from my profile , the issue was resolved quickly , thank you very much

fc4dbeb7
Community Member

Good day i also have same problem..

I published some apps a while back on Google for **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

I granted him access to check out the console.. Even without a contract  he went ahead to piblish his apps there. I told him how displeased i was.. That he should create a contract or else i would revoke his access.. He agreed.. And did so..

After his apps where live, google messaged me that i uploaded malicious apps and that my console was disabled.. a message i sent to him.. He never responded to this.. And refused to release my pay.. I disputed this and showed evidence.. 

Then Escrow automatically sent the money.. 

I think he got mad... 

I saw after a few days that he gave me very bad review and called me a fraud.

I had to leave the account for a while.. Cause i discovered that i wasn't getting any job consideration

Please help me review this, and please remove the bad review. I dont mind refunding him. That was my first job on upwork. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ozimede,

I am sorry to learn about your experience with this client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Removing feedback is a perk we extend to our Top Rated freelancers only because they’ve demonstrated a consistent history of delivering great work to their clients.  This perk can be used once every 3 months and after completing 10 contracts.  When you become Top-Rated, you need to complete/close 5 more contracts to be able to use this perk.

I suggest you take this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I also have same problem I already refunded to the client but feedback still on profile.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the feedback has already been removed from your profile. In general, this can take up to 24 hours to take effect. Could you please clear your browser cache and cookies and then check again? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie it just removed only 1 week but now these feedback showing again until I refunded 

Hi Muhammad,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day i also have same problem..

I published some apps a while back on Google for mr krumal.

I granted him access to check out the console.. Even without a contract  he went ahead to piblish his apps there. I told him how displeased i was.. That he should create a contract or else i would revoke his access.. He agreed.. And did so..

After his apps where live google messaged me that i uploaded malicious apps and that my console was disabled.. a message i sent to him.. He never responded to this.. And refused to release my pay.. I disputed this and showed evidence.. 

Then Escrow automatically sent the money.. 

I think he got mad... 

I saw after a few says that he gave me very bad review and called me a fraud.

I had to leave the account for a while.. Cause i discovered that i wasn't getting any job consideration

Please hell me review this this and please remove the bad review. I dont mind refunding him

Community Member

Hi Nikola

I have the same problem; I also refund the customer in full, so I want that the project and client feedback completely disappear from my work history.

beakkol
Community Member

So far I understood, if no earning is made, no public review will be made; while the private review will still impact your stats! I had the exact same experience recently and waiting for another 12 days to see exatly what happens.

78ad489c
Community Member

In my case its still visible, I already refunded fully to client. This is really painful experience.

bb74fefc
Community Member

I too did gave full 100% refund but still can see review/feedback.
It's been 15+ Days still shows on my profile. 
Can you help me remove? Contract Id: 35885122

Hi Malika,

I can see that a support ticket has already been submitted to our support team. Please allow them time to review your account. One of our agents will update your ticket directly to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members