🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I requested a Name Change
Page options
ali_hamza96
Community Member

I requested a Name Change

Hi I requested for a name change, it used to be my nickname on my profile but now I want to link my bank account and the names are not matching so I requested for name change and I don’t know what criteria it gets rejected on. I don’t want to fall into that category
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I basically did the same thing. Just that I used another name because it might be rejected. I won’t lie, yes, I changed the name but about the “skills”

I can’t lie about that, it was exactly the same skills.

I maintain this name all over the internet, I just didn’t want to get rejected maybe Upwork has a thing against the name or something

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
lysis10
Community Member

Looks like Upwork is getting smarter about purchased accounts.

petra_r
Community Member

Ali Hamza H wrote:
Hi I requested for a name change, it used to be my nickname on my profile but now I want to link my bank account and the names are not matching so I requested for name change and I don’t know what criteria it gets rejected on. I don’t want to fall into that category

You had another account in your real name?

Someone did....

Hi yes, I had another account that I closed today, I didn’t want it to be a duplicate before I changed my account

Ali Hamza H wrote:
Hi yes, I had another account that I closed today, I didn’t want it to be a duplicate before I changed my account

You mean the other account was rejected, so you tried again with a fake name and a different set of "skills."

You do understand that is not allowed, right?

I basically did the same thing. Just that I used another name because it might be rejected. I won’t lie, yes, I changed the name but about the “skills”

I can’t lie about that, it was exactly the same skills.

I maintain this name all over the internet, I just didn’t want to get rejected maybe Upwork has a thing against the name or something

A person not called Ali Hamza wrote:
it was exactly the same skills

No, it was not. Your previous rejected and then "deleted" ... (you know nothing is ever "deleted" from the Internet, right?) profile was User Interface Design. The current one is not.

A person not called Ali Hamza wrote:
I can’t lie about that,

Apparently, you can and you do.

Ali Hamza H wrote:

How about I flag your account so that someone can review it and check your identity against how the account was original setup, would that help?

Don’t worry I’ll just forget about it

Ali Hamza H wrote:
Don’t worry I’ll just forget about it

Not a worry...it was no trouble at all.

tlsanders
Community Member

Does "nickname" mean something different in other areas of the world than it does in the U.S.?

His profile is now not available...

Yeah, it went private...that’s odd, I thought he wanted help.

When scammers try to play ... Weekend Snark RULES.

Just sayin'

Wendy C wrote:

When scammers try to play ... Weekend Snark RULES.

Just sayin'

I want Weekend Snark to be a podcast or YouTube channel or something.

Tif, I envision a parody melange of Weekend Snark and SNL.      😉

JoanneP

Hi Ali Hamza, 

I checked your account and see that our team has already reached out to you regarding completing the video verification process. Please check the email and follow the link provided to complete this step. If you need any further help, please feel free to post it on the ticket so our team can assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
davidlucas72
Community Member

Hi

I made my profile with my preferred name and not my legal name. I didn't know this would be an issue until I tried to set up the payment option so as to upgrade to freelance Pro. I received a name mismatch message. I proceed to settings to change it to my real name but I was given 48hrs after which it was rejected.  Please what can I do right now, I am confused because I don’t even have connects to bid for jobs and I need to buy; I'm able to provide a government ID to verify my identity. 

Best Regards!  

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name change request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks! I'll be awaiting.
1074e1e1
Community Member

I am also having the same problem. My Nickname and the account name are different. Hence i am not able to withdraw the amount. My name is also not yet changed. What can i do? any idea?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

It looks like your name change request was accepted and your name was already updated. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it will update on your end?

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your name mismatch concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths