🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I see other freelancers that has 2 locations ...
Page options
lawrence_eric
Community Member

I see other freelancers that has 2 locations on their profile

Hello,

How can this be possible? Because I would love to have this also in my profile because I travel a lot into 2 different countries and stays for 3-5 months in each of those countries.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Freelancers' location should reflect where they really are."-My very intention was to change it to USA while im in the USA but I couldnt and now its my fault and now im being dishonest?

When I posted this question https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Client-undecided-to-hire-me-because-im-in-between-locati... 

you took it against me. Let this be a warning to anyone because questions you asked may be used against you and accused you falsely.

Can you show proof that I have the intention to falsely set my profile to Philippines while in the USA? 

"The freelancer hasn't added more than one location. Just written a town and country in the town field." - this was just the answer i was looking for but i hope this is what really happened and I wouldve been very thankful somehow but too bad i didnt know this is the kind of environment this community has.

So if you can't solve an issue, youll just answer, its none of you business!?

'No need for a response. That person's account is nothing to do with you."  -so that's just it? it seems that you  dont really care LOL for the person looking/waiting for an answer and when that person makes a follow up, he has now a very bad attitude like "with glass houses and throwing stones"

This is a community where you're suppose to find a support system but it seems like i found judgement.

btw, the saying applies to you also in many ways.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Lawrence Eric,

If you are away temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location.

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share the profile link of the freelancer you're referring to so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for your response. Just sent you a private message.

Hello

Any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Lawrence,

By design, when completing the address field properly it is not possible to have more than one address and location.

For privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

Thank you for your response. If you said its not possible, how do you explain this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have already sent a private message regarding this query to Joanna (if you notice from the thread) but got no response up to now so Im just making a gentle follow up.

re: "I have already sent a private message regarding this query to Joanna"

Then your work on this task is done.

Lol! With all due respect guru sir, i never would’ve made a follow up if “the work on this task is done”

Lawrence Eric T wrote:
i never would’ve made a follow up if “the work on this task is done”

Basically, you've been politely told that what happens after you report something is none of your business anymore. Upwork will not (and should not) tell you what, if anything, is done about anyone else's account.

Lawrence Eric T wrote:

Thank you for your response. If you said its not possible, how do you explain this?

The freelancer hasn't added more than one location. Just written a town and country in the town field.

Lawrence Eric T wrote:

I have already sent a private message regarding this query to Joanna (if you notice from the thread) but got no response

No need for a response. That person's account is nothing to do with you.

There is also the old saying with glass houses and throwing stones. Freelancers' location should reflect where they really are. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

"Freelancers' location should reflect where they really are."-My very intention was to change it to USA while im in the USA but I couldnt and now its my fault and now im being dishonest?

When I posted this question https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Client-undecided-to-hire-me-because-im-in-between-locati... 

you took it against me. Let this be a warning to anyone because questions you asked may be used against you and accused you falsely.

Can you show proof that I have the intention to falsely set my profile to Philippines while in the USA? 

"The freelancer hasn't added more than one location. Just written a town and country in the town field." - this was just the answer i was looking for but i hope this is what really happened and I wouldve been very thankful somehow but too bad i didnt know this is the kind of environment this community has.

So if you can't solve an issue, youll just answer, its none of you business!?

'No need for a response. That person's account is nothing to do with you."  -so that's just it? it seems that you  dont really care LOL for the person looking/waiting for an answer and when that person makes a follow up, he has now a very bad attitude like "with glass houses and throwing stones"

This is a community where you're suppose to find a support system but it seems like i found judgement.

btw, the saying applies to you also in many ways.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members