🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I seem to be completely invisible
Page options
jurgenschwarz
Community Member

I seem to be completely invisible

Hello folks, I just wanted to know if there is a possibility that Upwork makes your profile invisible or bans you at some point, because I am having real issues to find a job here.

I started using Upwork 3 or 4 years ago and I had some jobs done, but now, since 1 year and a half ago, every single proposal that I sent has been ignored, and I sent out like nearly 120-140 proposals during that time, which is EXTREMELY unusual.

Apart from that, since some weeks ago my profile has an average of 0 views, which is as weird as the previous sentence. I am starting to think that I am being shadow banned as if this was Instagram or something like that. 

Can this actually happen or I am just out of the mainstream?

Thank you guys

PS: I have a side question, how can I ask for outer clients' opinions and feedback? I am pretty sure that I could do it but I cannot find the link :S

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ceefaeca
Community Member

No, you are not invisible. 

Jurgen S wrote:

Hello folks, I just wanted to know if there is a possibility that Upwork makes your profile invisible or bans you at some point, because I am having real issues to find a job here.

Well, you will know if Upwork bans you, I guess!

Jurgen S wrote:

I started using Upwork 3 or 4 years ago and I had some jobs done, but now, since 1 year and a half ago, every single proposal that I sent has been ignored, and I sent out like nearly 120-140 proposals during that time, which is EXTREMELY unusual.

Not unusual, it depends on whether it is bad luck or there is a big room for improvement?

Jurgen S wrote:

Apart from that, since some weeks ago my profile has an average of 0 views, which is as weird as the previous sentence. I am starting to think that I am being shadow banned as if this was Instagram or something like that. 

Hmmmm.........You should write more details in your bio, I think.

Jurgen S wrote:

PS: I have a side question, how can I ask for outer clients' opinions and feedback? I am pretty sure that I could do it but I cannot find the link :S

Yes, it is possible. Please see this for how you can request the testimonials from the clients outside Upwork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ceefaeca
Community Member

No, you are not invisible. 

Jurgen S wrote:

Well, you will know if Upwork bans you, I guess!

Jurgen S wrote:

Not unusual, it depends on whether it is bad luck or there is a big room for improvement?

Jurgen S wrote:

Hmmmm.........You should write more details in your bio, I think.

Jurgen S wrote:

Yes, it is possible. Please see this for how you can request the testimonials from the clients outside Upwork.

Thank you for the reply! It is really relieving that something like that cannot happen! Now I know it is my issue and that I can fix it on my own 🙂

Have a nice day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members