🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I started an Agency outside Upwork, can I bri...
Page options
dannydesigns
Community Member

I started an Agency outside Upwork, can I bring that agency into UpworK?

So I started a creative Agency outside of Upwork can i bring that agency to Upwork? Like is it in any way against Upwork's terms of service to allow an existing agency to have an equivalent Upwork account? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joseph O wrote:

I'm a bit confusedSmiley Sad

Joseph, ignore the previous reply you got. From time to time people do not understand the purpose of the forum, as has that user. 

To your question: your agency can have an agency account; however, you have to register as a freelancer first. To have contracts with an agency, each employee in your agency needs to have a freelancer account, because contracts are with individual freelancers, not with the agency. So you can have your freelancer account and still report it as your business tax and the money can go to your business account, and you can also start an agency that you are a part of as well as your employees with exclusive freelancer accounts. You will bid on jobs through your agency, but you will put up different freelancers to have the contract with the client. It may be that a client will have to contract more than one member of your agency so the work can be done, if it's an hourly project, for example. Fixed price with an agency it could be on any member as long as the client understands multiple agency members will contribute to the work. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dannydesigns
Community Member

Joseph O wrote:

Joseph, ignore the previous reply you got. From time to time people do not understand the purpose of the forum, as has that user. 

To your question: your agency can have an agency account; however, you have to register as a freelancer first. To have contracts with an agency, each employee in your agency needs to have a freelancer account, because contracts are with individual freelancers, not with the agency. So you can have your freelancer account and still report it as your business tax and the money can go to your business account, and you can also start an agency that you are a part of as well as your employees with exclusive freelancer accounts. You will bid on jobs through your agency, but you will put up different freelancers to have the contract with the client. It may be that a client will have to contract more than one member of your agency so the work can be done, if it's an hourly project, for example. Fixed price with an agency it could be on any member as long as the client understands multiple agency members will contribute to the work. 

All right then, I'll invite my team members to create individual accounts here, hopefully we can hit the ground running in April.

Thanks a lot, Amanda 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths