🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I still didn't get any job, I am trying for a...
Page options
6c5e6181
Community Member

I still didn't get any job, I am trying for almost 2/3 months

Hello!
I need help about how can I get my first job, I have used 56 connects out of 60 and tried to apply for the jobs which I can do but still didn't get any.
What should I do now? How can I get my first job?

10 REPLIES 10
robin_hyman
Community Member

If you have an MBA don't cheapen yourself with a $3 hourly wage.  Bookeepers are abundant on this platform so you'll need to stand out.  I can't say how many connects you will need to land your first job but you have to keep trying.  It could take months.  

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice
I'm doing my MBA, that's why i kept my hourly rate that low and i'm trying my best to get my first job

Wajid A wrote:

Thanks for the advice
I'm doing my MBA, that's why i kept my hourly rate that low and i'm trying my best to get my first job

You won't attract the right type of clients.  They will low-ball and treat you like crap paying next to nothing.  Then they'll claim you didn't do as asked and demand a refund.  It will be a nightmare.  

I have fixed my hourly rate. As I'm new I still have a lot of things to learn
Thanks for looking up for my problem in my profile
Have a good day Smiley Happy

Wajid - You really need to improve your profile statement. Instead of talking about yourself, spell out exactly what you can do for a client - and the first two sentences are the most important because many will not read beyond that point. Check out the hourly rate for other freelancers in your category.

Thanls for the advice
I'm fixing it right away Smiley Happy

dhill205
Community Member

Be sincere yet professional in your proposal and cover letter. Start with something intermediate and build resume.
data_divas
Community Member

Add some spreadsheet examples to your portfolio, you say you can create profit and loss statements and other documents.  Add an example of each document you specalize in.

tlsanders
Community Member

Don't waste your connects bidding on any job you can do. Instead, focus on jobs you would be a better choice for than most others who might bid, and make sure to highlight that thing that makes you most qualified in your proposal.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wajid, 

I'm glad that our Community members have come here to share their tips and feedback with you. I appreciate their gesture, as much as you do, so thank you, everyone! Robot Happy

Wajid, you may want to check out these articles I usually share with freelancers who are looking to improve their profile and their proposals. Hopefully, these tips help and land you your first project on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members